xref and 3dsmax16

• Hi All,

Can someone confirm that the xref models work OK with 3dsmax 16?

I've been following the wiki tutorial and my own and imported objects show up OK but I cannot get the xref models to show up.

As in the tutorial I've been placing a 'helper dummy object' in the scene and naming it according to the xref name, then adding it to the obj group. Am I missing a step somewhere?

• Yes, xref models work fine with 3DS Max 16. That's the version that I used for the tutorial.

The steps follow:

place a dummy object in the location that you want the model to show.

You will then see the name 'dummyxxx' in the hierarchy view.

Find the object that you want to use from the xref reference library (found in our downloads section).

copy the exact name of the xref model and rename the dummy object to it by pasting.

You will then need to add it to your object (.obj) group and export with the rest of your models.

Please note that some reference models that are in the folder are not yet in Aerofly so they will not show up in-game yet. But that list of non working models is small.

Also, make sure that you are using the 3DS Max plugin from the latest SDK and not an older one as the older plugin didn't work and was updated.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• No you don't.

Are you having trouble getting ANY xref model to show or just a specific one?

Have you replaced your plug-in with the newest one from the SDK?

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• OK. It has to be something with your process.

Verify your naming of the dummy object must be exactly the same as the xref model. You can't copy them once made as it will add '001, 002, etc) to the name and it won't work.

The best way to confirm that the name is exact would be to right click on the reference model and select rename. As it's highlighted, copy and paste it to the dummy object.

Regards,

Jeff

• thanks for the help so far but still not working. I added three dummy objects and renamed as follows, then exported as object:

factory_big_concret_ds_00_01_60_30_virtual

tank_small_white_mw_00_00_15_15_virtual

tower00_tiny_concret_ds_10_08_08_virtual

None show up - I also noticed that when I ran the exporter it reported that nothing had been exported ie

Objects = 0

Patches = 0

... = 0

etc.

• Hi

Tried this with max15 and nothing showed up in game,

Added a null object, copy pasted the name to the null, attached the null to the airport object, along with over 800 other objects, no xref ryanair jet appeared, my lovely ryanair jets did :)

Guess we are both missing some steps

• Thanks for confirming larrylynx - much appreciated

As an experiment I've just tried 'moving' the airport from roughly the middle of the UK to roughly the middle of the USA - simply by changing the lonlat in the tsc file (no re-export or anything) - and then the xref objects show up.

Jeff - might want to check if this is a bug or something?

• Thanks for confirming larrylynx - much appreciated

As an experiment I've just tried 'moving' the airport from roughly the middle of the UK to roughly the middle of the USA - simply by changing the lonlat in the tsc file (no re-export or anything) - and then the xref objects show up.

Jeff - might want to check if this is a bug or something?

OK, very odd. I'll look into this but I tested the xref models all around the USA and they show up everywhere.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi

" Leider nur in Deutsch. "

Hatte auch Probleme mit den xref Objekten in Deutschland.

Nachdem ich alle xref_.tsc Dateien im Spiele Ordner auf

die unten angegebenen Werte geändert hatte, wurden alle Objecte angezeigt!

<[file][][]

<[object][][]

<[string8] [name] [xref_usa]>

<[tmvector2d][lonlat_min][-180.00 -85.00]>

<[tmvector2d][lonlat_max][ 180.00 85.00]>

>

>

Hoffe es hilft.

Grüße und weiter so !!!