Unleash the Community

• I suspect that many members of the FS 2 family have been doing spectacular work with Geoconvert and cultivation. Sadly, none of it has been uploaded that I am aware of. I know there are lingering issues surrounding this. Has IPACS made any progress in determining if it is actually illegal for members to share Geoconvert projects for free with each other? Are you still seeking clarification, or have you been informed that sharing is illegal?

If we unleash the community the FS 2 world will soon have many more great places to fly. There are a lot of talented folks here. I would love to see what they have created.

• We can't share photoimagery due to copyright (except USGS imagery). However in another thread an IPACS developer mentioned the idea of us sharing the files needed to automatically download/generate the aerial images. I'm hoping we can eventually do this along with sharing cultivation, though cultivation itself still has some way to go as the developers have kept saying. Early stages, but great progress.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• We can't share photoimagery due to copyright (except USGS imagery). However in another thread an IPACS developer mentioned the idea of us sharing the files needed to automatically download/generate the aerial images. I'm hoping we can eventually do this along with sharing cultivation, though cultivation itself still has some way to go as the developers have kept saying. Early stages, but great progress.

Have a look at what I did with my CYZX 14 Wing Greenwood airport. I saved the FSET.ini file and the PartialFSEarthTiles.ini files and uploaded them with my airport. This has allowed people to 'easily' create the underlying ground textures themselves. Based on feedback, this seems to work quite well.