AC3D object converting bleed through issue

• Dear IPACS team,

Ok, while waiting for a 3DS Max plugin, I reverted to AC3D and tried converting an airport building (the "C" office in my homebase of Yverdon-les-Bains) using the dev release of Model Converter X according to Rodeo's infos.

Extraction with MCX went ok, I followed Rodeo's indications in the texture conversion (rename texture files with _color suffix, resize texture files to a power of 2, burn color into texture, convert texture files to BMP) and saved the building as .AC

I opened the building in AC3D, textures load properly, size is ok. I set faces to single sided surfaces and ensured they're all oriented outwards, the building looks ok under all directions in AC3D.

When I convert it and place it in AFS2, I however systematically have bleed through issues (see attached pictures).

I tried several things, with/without burn color into texture step, setting double-sided faces/smooth/poly, searching for leaking surfaces, optimizing surfaces/objects, nothing changes...

The fact is, the building looks properly in AC3D but not after conversion in AFS2. Do you have an idea what went wrong?

The only step in Rodeo's message I couldn't figure out is "cut the whole sketchup project into separate buildings", but my project is only 1 building...

[Blocked Image: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/47/1/1511165415-ac3d.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/47/1/1511165415-aerofly-fs-2-2017-11-19-08-09-27-89.jpg]

Thus, so far I'm quite of stuck whichever tool I'm trying to use.

Can anybody help me please ?

Thanks in advance for your support

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• This happens if the textures have an alpha channel. Can you verify your texture has an alpha channel here?

Excellent! thank you Jan. Of course the original textures had an alpha layer, I would have thought exporting as BMP would have simply discarded it, BTW I couldn't see it anymore in Dxt2Bmp, but resaving the picture in 24-bit bmp fixed the bleed through issue.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.