• I have been slow to report this to convince myself that it is real, but since the update I have been seeing an increase in occasional "dropped frames" when flying over very dense urban scenery. I am also experiencing a strange distortion in the scenery when looking at a 30-40 degree angle from directly forward. It almost appears that a small area of the scenery is "boiling". It isn't constant, but it is frequent.

This is in VR and yes I have the latest Nvidia drivers.

I know there isn't much you can do based on such a vague report, but I wanted to add my report to the few others that are reporting similar issues.

• Same for me about performance, personally don't see FPS increase and have "dropped frames" since this update in dense urban scenery (and not in VR). Places like Denver FPS drop sometimes around 50 (never so low for me since i play AFS2 with my usual settings).

Everthing ok in "rural" area but don't see increase performance too.

Latest Nvidia driver too, GTX 970, i5 4590, 16 GB Ram, all settings high (exept shadow medium) in 2K.

• Something odd is going on here as no one should see 50FPS anywhere with a GTX 970.

The GTX970 and i7 is one of my testing machines and in non-VR mode with everything set to ultra I'm seeing around 151 FPS over areas such as New York, etc.

I just tried it again on my laptop and i'm averaging around 192 and it drops down to 151-160 in highly dense areas. This again is full ultra settings.

With my i7, 1080ti machine in non-VR mode I'm well over 200FPS solid no matter what I try. The only note here is that i'm running Windows 10 and i'm not too sure what you guys are running on (OS).

See the image below with a 970m laptop and full ultra settings. I know the FPS in this screenshot may be small but I can confirm that it's 151FPS in this capture.

I can also confirm that on all four of my testing machines I got around another 15% to 20% increase in performance and FPS in very high dense areas from the last update. We do extensive testing here before we make statements of performance improvements so I can verify this improvement solidly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I'm really surprised with the FPS you have. What screen resolution you play with the gtx 970? Can't have such high FPS with my config in 2k.

And think my PC is ok. I don't only play AFS2. For example i play actually Wolfenstein 2 and my FPS are correct if i compare with benchmark review.

Edit: My driver are the last one, 388.31

• To take the screenshot I switched to windows mode but with resolution of 1920x1080 (laptop max) i'm getting the same

Just to note, I also tested this flying the Q400 (inside and outside cameras) and still getting avg. 150 FPS on the 970m laptop (Asus ROG)

The only time that I see less FPS is if I set my shadow quality to 'insane'

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff, what about your fps in the cockpit? What do you get there? As you know I already reported I was seeing a decrease in frames in the 172 in the cockpit in high density areas. Also, is your config set for unlimited frames, 240 or 120? To do a comparison between our machines we should all use the same config settings.

Ken

• maybe you both should compare the gpu drivers you are using.

Everyone should always use the latest GPU drivers, and also set the GPU settings (control panel) to default.

FPS in cockpit flying the Q400 over New York is usually between 130 and 150 FPS on the 970m laptop

Just for comparison sake, I also have VSync turned off completely.

Regards,

Jeff

• Don't have answer about the difference. But just try New york Manhattan in 1920x1080, settings ultra in cockpit view, FPS around 100 and 130 and have drop to 90.

In Denver around 90 and 110 but seems don't have big drop as in 2K (but more shimering than in 2K)

• Short of nit picking, anything over 100FPS lets say 90% of the time is very solid performance.

Yes there will be drops at times, and yes some sceneries will take more of a toll on FPS but I just don't understand how some users are seeing FPS around 50 on medium settings with a 970 GPU. I'm just trying to see if there's a bug here somewhere or those users just have other stuff going on with their PC's.

My laptop, though having a 970m GPU, also has 32GB memory, and is an i7 @4Ghz running on W10, so there may be a difference here. No overclocking, nothing running in memory except for the required, NVidia Control Panel at defaults.

We will be looking into the graphics a bit to see if there's something going on with lower quality resolution BTW.

Regards,

Jeff

• This isn't a "FPS" problem per-se for me. I am still getting essentially perfect FPS. What I get is the occasional "jump" when there is what you guys have called dropped frames, what sometimes is called a stutter. I almost never got those before, and now I can count on getting them when in heavy scenery and making a turn. If I do a roll, I can count on getting several.

Then there is that distorted circle of scenery I get in urban scenery. I never saw that before. It is like a small circle of boiling scenery somewhere between 20 and 30 degrees from straight ahead. That is certainly new.

Again, this is all in VR.

Now, the truth is I am getting a new computer in a few weeks so I am not going to lose any sleep over these problems unless they persist on the new machine lol. But I did want to lend my voice to others who have similar issues.

• Oldar

Until 5 days ago, I had the same problems in VR as you describe them.

At first I thought it was a problem with Oculus Rift. The completely new-setup of Rift did not help. Yes, that makes you crazy if you have not otherwise made any changes to your computer or software.

Then I remembered that Windows10 did an update the day before, when shutting down the computer!

So I made a computer diagnosis with "dxdiag" and noticed that Win10 changed my graphic drivers!

I downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver (v.38.831, from 11/14/2017) for my graphics card (GTX 108 Ti) from Nvidia

and all problems were solved. No stuttering, no circle of boiling scenery! I am happy!

The only thing I have since the last update of AeroflyFS2 (actually since Colorado update) is that ground textures are more washed out in some areas than they were before, and even displaying with less definition. Unfortunately, I do not know why! Otherwise I am very satisfied with AeroflyFS2, especially in VR!

I'm sorry for my bad English, but I hope I could describe my problems understandably.

And I wish you much success with your new Computer!

Jakob

• Your English is wonderful! I'm sure it is very much better than my version of whatever your native language is!!! (I stink at speaking Italian, German and French, despite my best efforts.)

I will try reinstalling the latest Nvidia driver.

Thank you very much for your help!

Bill

• I did in fact have the latest driver, so that wasn't the problem.

And the problem is pretty bad when you are flying a plane with a large cockpit in front of you. That "flickering" or "boiling" phenomenon in the field of view is very obvious inside the cockpit. I had only been flying light planes before, so I hadn't noticed how pronounced the effect is. Is no one else seeing this?

Just as a strange side note, I switched back to using the Vive, and performance was gut-wrenchingly awful. Constant sutters. I never remember anything like that before.

I have never really had performance issues before. In fact I have always been part of the "Gosh! Wow!" chorus until now.

I'm sure it will get sorted out one way or another. As I said, I am doing my 30 month computer upgrade in a few weeks. I get a new computer every two-and-a-half years and pass my old one on to one of our kids or a friend. My wife is very good to me lol.

• Oldar, Bill,

I see you were faster with your answer!

I can imagine what you are describing very well, because I have had it in every plane!

As written, a reinstall of the Nvidia driver helped me a lot!

Even if you write you have the latest driver, try it with a new installation of the driver. Maybe it hangs somewhere!

Jakob

• Like I mentioned before, we are going to investigate the graphical problems to see if it can be resolved. Please hang on a bit while it's sorted out.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jakob, I have never been to Vienna, but it is at the very top of my "to visit" list. I am a lover of classical music, so it will be a special place to experience for me. I took German in grad school, but I am very poor at it today. It will be comical when I try to speak Deutsch again for the first time in over 25 years lol. Maybe I should listen to German operas to brush up.

Jeff, thanks for that. I am glad you guys are looking into it.

I will try a reinstall of the driver this afternoon. Thanks again for your help!