Once more - plea for SAITEK Flight Instrument Panels support

• Now that AeroflyFS2 is out of Early Access, I think it should at least fully support basic hardware, e.g. those made by Saitek and CH Products. Support for Saitek Flight Instruments has been requested several times, but is still lacking. Given I have a Saitek-based hardware panel (connected to a networked machine for the other simulators) I always think twice should I reconnect the hardware HUBs to the main machine and still not be able to use my 9 FIPs to any advance in AeroflyFS2.

Now, to not only sound negative, here are a number of potentials ways I see to get FIPs support:

(i) IPACS can support them natively from within AeroflyFS2, as they did for the controls - obviously.

(ii) IPACS could outsource the task to someone being able to do it.

(iii) IPACS could provide a plugin to convert variables to the Logitech (FSX or XP) drivers.

(iv) IPACS could contact Logitech and ask them for driver support. Given Logitech provides drivers for the FSX/ESP-based simulators as well as X-Plane, why shouldn't they do for AeroflyFS2?

(v) As already mentioned in other threads, SPAD.neXt would be a natural bed for AeroflyFS2 support, and provides a lot of more abilities for more advanced functions. Unfortunately, the author had health issues and only slowly returns to support while development is stalled yet. I doubt he will give AeroflyFS2 any priority in the foreseeable future.

(vi) Denis Thomas developed an X-Plane driver and actually a complete application (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fil…-panel-support/) which now supports Prepar3d as well. You may contact him and ask him to include support for AeroflyFS2 as well.

Thank you for considering

and kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64