Mixing and Matching Pilots

• You can put any pilot that you want into any plane. The available pilots are found in your main game folder's objects folder. Their names are:

pilot_andy

pilot_daniel

pilot_edward

pilot_eric

pilot_jason

pilot_jet

pilot_jet_2

pilot_jet_ftc

pilot_pamela

pilot_patricia

pilot_peter

pilot_robert

pilot_thomas

Just open the particular aircraft's .tmc file in notepad, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see an entry that looks like this:

<[string8][Pilot][pilot_pamela]>

Change "pilot_pamela" in the C172 for example to "pilot_peter" and you'll now see the pilot from the Jungmeister in the pilot's seat of the C172.

A caveat, however. All of the male pilots have alien mutant hands. Only the female pilots have normal hands. So if you want to sit in the co-pilot's seat and look at the pilot, the males' hands will look a little weird. But if you stay in the pilot's seat, no problem, and it doesn't show on external view.

I'm going to tinker around with the SDK and see if I can create a pilot model in Poser 9 and convert it into Aerofly FS 2. If it works, I can put myself in the various aircraft with my leather flight jacket, silk scarf, and dashing good looks. :D

I'll report back if I have any luck. It might be a few days. I have to get back up to speed with Poser 9.

• Does anyone know how to add a pilot in VR, nothing kills the immersion more than not seeing a body in the seat where you fly from. take a look at Elite Dangerous for the perfect example of how to do it.

Steve

It's very easy indeed.

Just open your aircraft tmd file (ideally with Notepad ++) and search for the graphics_human section (bottom of the file).

There's a field called <[uint32][ShowInside][XXX]>, where XXX can be quite empty or filled up depending on the aircraft.

Add CameraPilot to the list, i.e. <[uint32][ShowInside][CameraPilot XXX]> and save for the pilot to be seen when in "CameraPilot" mode, meaning virtual cockpit.

[Blocked Image: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/48/1/1511778236-screenshot1274.jpg]

The only issue is the default point of view is usually located inside or very close to the graphic human pilot's head. You have then to move it somewhat in the upper section of the same tmd file (caution : XYZ position values in m => just move a few cm away in X first).

[Blocked Image: https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/48/1/1511778236-screenshot1275.jpg]

Note: everytime AFS2 will be updated with a new release there's a good chance these changes will be overwritten, thus save a copy of your work when satisfied, to easily revert after an update.

Alternative way: Jet-Pack proposed a solution to simply copy the original aircraft into your addon folder and edit them here, so changes are not being overwritten when AFS2 gets updated. However I noticed that almost each time AFS2 gets updated, former aircraft releases get broken and I still had to redo an aircraft copy and modify it anyway, therefore no advantage.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited 4 times, last by Trespassers (November 27, 2017 at 1:09 PM).

• As long as you keep a female pilot in the C172, a military pilot in military jets and a civilian male pilot in GA aircraft evetyrhing should work fine.

I ended up setting Stefan in the DR400, I wish I could apply my face...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi Antoine

Tried your suggestion and no joy, inserted the CameraPilot to the F15E and when I ran the sim it would freeze on loading the aircraft, still works fine with all the others.

Steve

Update, I removed the CameraPilot statement and the aircraft still refuses to load.....anyone got a F15e .tmd file as I forgot to make a backup, thinking only adding one word wouldn't cause such a problem

Edited once, last by larrylynx (November 28, 2017 at 9:09 PM).