Praise for the Aerofly team

• I know some of the devs keep an eye on this forum, so I just wanted to say thank you, and what an amazing job you've done with Aerofly. I play in VR on an Oculus Rift, and every time I get into the cockpits of these planes and jets I am just blown away by the visual quality and attention to detail. I don't think a single other VR title I own even comes close in the realism of Aerofly. Whoever is the person(s) making your aircraft models is truly an artist, and having done some of that work myself before I know it takes not just an incredible amount of skill and patience, but also an artistic eye to make things look that good.

Also, the performance is incredibly good for such a visually detailed sim. I can run with all settings on ultra at 90 fps in VR with only a GTX1060 3GB card. That's astonishing, considering I also play IL2 Sturmovik and even with the lowest possible settings it's usually dropping to 45 FPS with framewarping on the Rift.

Lastly, the flight physics are very good, and getting better with each update it seems. For example, I looked up the pilot's training manual for the P38 (published 1945!) and was really surprised by how a lot of things I thought were flaky physics are actually real characteristics of the plane, like the wing's tendency to pitch downward at lower speeds requiring the plane to be lifted off the runway with a lot of elevator during takeoff. All of the approach and landing speeds were dead on as well, and it even starts buffeting with loss of control surface effectiveness near transonic/compressibility speeds in a high speed dive. I can't help but wonder how many other people's complaints about some of the flight physics are actually just real characteristics of the real-life aircraft? ^^

Actually one other point of praise, making your SDK available and working on all the documentation and tutorials for us to use them is really great. I know there's still more to be done there to make it simpler for others, but just using the current offerings I have been able to add highly detailed scenery for my hometown and just this weekend build a detailed airport model as well. I hope the community around this sim continues to grow and I won't be surprised to see it on top of all the rest in the not too distant future!

A couple screenshots of my hometown scenery and airport I added: