• Thinking in buying a VR set, the Oculus Rift, to enjoy flying AFS2 in VR. One question tough, to existing users, the Oculus Rift could come with the headset plus a Touch VR system. It's worth buying the complete set (headset plus touch system), or just the headset?. Any guidance to a novice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Ed

• You can use the Ouclus Rift with any controller but keep in mind that we are working on advanced motion control 'VR Hands' and it will be designed around the Touch controllers. My personal opinion would be to get them now since the complete package is a pretty good deal right now.

I'm not too sure of your existing PC but you will need a lot of USB3.0 ports as well as a good GPU (GTX 1080ti is the best you can get right now). You will need at least a GTX 980 to play in VR with everything set to ultra for the most part.

Here's my suggestion for setting 'Render Scale Factor' based on different GPU's since I have 4 different ones I use to test Aerofly under all types of configurations.

GTX 980 - Set RSF to 1.65

GTX 1080 - set RSF to 1.85

GTX 1080ti - Set RSF to 2.00

Also with VR (Oculus), make sure that you use '-othervr' mode, and turn off VSync

Hope this helps.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff, very good and descriptive help. I think the same, in getting both (headset and touch system) to be ready!.

One more question, please. I have AFS2 installed on my MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro gaming laptop which comes with a GTX 980M graphics card. Dou you think that GPU would comply with the minimum requirements?.

Thanks again. Cheers, Ed

• Thanks Jeff, very good and descriptive help. I think the same, in getting both (headset and touch system) to be ready!.

One more question, please. I have AFS2 installed on my MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro gaming laptop which comes with a GTX 980M graphics card. Dou you think that GPU would comply with the minimum requirements?.

Thanks again. Cheers, Ed

Yes it should run fine in VR with that laptop. You can adjust settings to give you your performance vs. quality sweet spot. With the new Oculus ASW implemented you should have no problem. You may need to compromise a little bit though.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff