• We need PSD templates without registration numbers or national flags on each aircraft.

The reason that I bring this up is that I have repainted the Pitts, but no matter what I do, including going through the PSD template layer-by-layer, I can't completely remove the German flag on the tail. Even when I erase every visible vestige of it, including on the reflection layer, specular layer, and every other layer upon which it visibly appears and re-export the PSD file after making the changes, I get the transparent, but full color, "ghost" of a German flag on the tail. I have removed every visible-to-the-human-eye trace of it on each and every layer upon which it can be seen and it still comes through. It has to be on one of the dark layers or something and not visible when erasing layer-by-layer.

That would be fine if the repaint was a German aircraft. But it's a U. S. aircraft with an "N" number.

Repaint templates should not include national flags or registration numbers. They should be generic.

Please reissue the repaint templates without flags or registration numbers and also include the aircraft for which there are no templates yet, such as the Jungmeister. Repaints are a big deal in a flight sim community. Thanks!

• It's a pity the final textures are not in a simple format that can be edited right away, no aircraft converters, etc. For example a .bmp, .tiff, etc format. If these were issued, editable by any program without fuss, the repaint community would be all over it. And, while we're at it, what about new aircraft? Think of the massive amount of aircraft out there created for FSX... Wouldn't it be nice if a converter existed so the original designers of those aircraft could re-compile them for FS2 without having to start from scratch? I think many FS2 enthusiasts would love to see their collection explode with new third-party machines. Imagine Carenado, Alabeo, A2A, Aeroplane Heaven (Just Flight), to name but a few.....

Am I dreaming or is such a thing on the cards in the future?

- Kenneth

• Having dug into this a little deeper, I suspect that the reason that I can't remove the German flag on the vertical stabilizer is because it isn't coming from the two PSD templates that have been provided for the Pitts. Also, regardless of what color I paint the fuselage, I'm stuck with red panels in the cockpit because the two PSD files provided for repaints do not constitute a complete paint kit for the aircraft. Repaints are fundamental to building a community around a sim.

If you're trying to build the sort of community around this sim that exists for other user-modifiable flight sims (and take a look at past flight sims that were not user-modifiable and where they are now), then COMPLETE paint kits for each aircraft should be a development priority.

As Kenneth (KJKsimmer) noted above, it would be nice if the aircraft textures were in a simple, readily accessible format. You should at least release a tool to allow the user to open the texture files and edit them, then save to the format used in the game.