Engine sounds stuck, not varying with throttle

• On certain aircraft ( not all) I find the engine sound sticks on the full throttle sound. Is this normal? Anyone else have this happen?

Tested all aircraft and it mainly happens with F4U Corsair and P-38 Lightning and sometimes the Baron 58. All others seem fine.

Shame as the Corsair sounds great!! Starts fine when taking off from a standstill, but once up to full throttle that's how the sound stays the same.

I throttle back to '0' and the engine still sounds on full. The plane reacts right and levers move, it's just the sound.

Also if already flying and I change to one of these aircraft the sound is always on full.

• These aircraft all have constant speed props. In the sim, I think you will find the engine sound is more attached to the use of the prop levers than it is the throttle levers. It's years since I flew an aircraft in real life with the constant speed prop, I get the feeling that the sim may be a bit out here in terms of sound (or my memory may be wrong!)... Anyway, try this. Keep full throttle, and reduce the prop pitch, notice the sound. Engine performance is based on balancing the RPM and Manifold Pressure according to the operating handbooks of each type. (add in the mixture too...)

- Kenneth

• Kenneth is right, they are supposed to sound like this. Currently we can't yet vary the propeller sounds based on the load on the blades (or not easily that is)....

The real world aircraft would just change the frequency spectrum a but but the overall main sound is constant due to the constant rotation speed of the propellers.

If you fly slow you can hear that the governor is no longer able to maintain the selected rotation speed of your prop lever and then the sound changes due to the decreasing RPMs.

Regards,

Jan