increasing distance of approach

• You can set your aircraft wherever you want at any altitude and direction with the start option from the menu . The given approach locations are often to close to the airport, especailly for non configured airliners (and configuration cannot be done in pause mode unfortunately).

Regards,

Thomas

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• You can set your aircraft wherever you want at any altitude and direction with the start option from the menu . The given approach locations are often to close to the airport, especailly for non configured airliners (and configuration cannot be done in pause mode unfortunately).

Regards,

Thomas

But the approach location we have already fully configure the aircraft for landing. Only aircraft that don't have autotuning will need some preparations but I think we can fix that in the future. We just have to initialize the navigation sources correctly for the ILS approach on that particular runway.

There shouldn't be anything else that you have to do right now. That's why I was asking why one would need more distance. Everything is already set, I just have to fly the last 2 minutes or so. For some GA aircraft the distance is actually way too big at the moment :)

• In DCS they have an active pause. Sort of a position freeze which lets you freeze your... position and still configure NAV MFD etc etc. when you are all comfy you unfreeze position and carry on. Particularly nice when learning. Been a few times in R/L I could have used that feature. ;)

• Currently there is no option to change the distance to the runway.

What is the reason why you want to increase the distance?

hi jan

As there is currently no option to replay flights I was thinking of using this option for demo purposes in VR, as the plane is all configured the person can just put the Oculus Rift on and enjoy the approach with that awesome photo real textures out the window, currently the ac are too close to landing so cannot really sit and experience the situation.

Thomas said about setting your approach wherever you want but then you will need to go into Oculus configure the plane property, flaps, landing gear, ils / gs etc, you don't need to do any of this if you chose the the approach phrase now.

• There is a replay but not in VR currently. Under normal conditions when the sim is paused you can use the slider at the bottom of the screen to go back in time.

I'm not sure if just the menu isn't displayed or just not visible or if the replay is generally not available in VR at the moment.

For the A320, B737 and B747 the airplane should be prepared for a fully automatic landing if you have a flight plan set up. So if you want to just sit there and watch the landing you can do the following:

- create a flight plan with the desired arrival runway.

- place the aircraft in the final approach and start the sim.

- immediately pause the sim (you can press "p" even when the loading screen is still showing I think)

- when your VR headset is all set either click the autopilot masters 1 and 2 (or even 3) before you unpause (the messages will be processed once you unpause the sim - so you can prepare the cockpit in small increments pausing, then unpausing if needed!)

- unpause and check that the autopilot is engaging LOC and G/S and then you are set, enjoy the landing.

- switch camera positions as you like to experience the landing from the cabin wing views for example.

• In DCS they have an active pause. Sort of a position freeze which lets you freeze your... position and still configure NAV MFD etc etc. when you are all comfy you unfreeze position and carry on. Particularly nice when learning. Been a few times in R/L I could have used that feature. ;)

Pause is kind of a active pause. But you will see the changes only after continuing. No problem with on/off switches. But selecting a heading, speed, special switch positon or FMC configuration wont work well.