Finally read Approach Plates, Training Manuals, Notes etc in Rift - New Oculus Dash

• I enabled Oculus Beta and today my new Dash home arrived. It's a bit fiddly at first but this is how I can read notes while flying

1. Make sure FS2 auto launches with -othervr mode
    2. Launch FS2 from within Home - I forget now the new easy way of doing that. Something about Oculus Home remembers Steam games you've played and adds them to Home
    3. Hit the right hand touch control menu button
    4. Use the new dash panel to select Desktop
    5. Open your PDF/browser document using Touch as a mouse
    6. Point the touch at it, grab it by gripping then move it somewhere you like - it lifts the window off the desktop
    7. Click the pin icon at the bottom
    8. Click the right hand touch menu button again to return to the game and the document is overlaid
    9. To move/resize the overlay at any time, hit the RH menu icon, grab and move with touch. The mini joystick lets you shrink and/or move laterally too. I can now sit it on the Cessna copilot seat with ease.

I think it might be costing me FPS though as I'm sometimes jittery on a 1080ti but then I've had problems for a few days anyway. Also I can't interact with the window without stepping out of FS2, so its not as good as the built in solution IPACS is working on.

• I've been using this a fair bit now and I no longer think the FPS hit is a big concern. In fact I like the new Dash a lot. I am looking at notes in lightweight SumatraPDF now though rather than via a chrome browser window. Once you get the hang of clicking back and forth between Dash and FS2 it makes lots of things easier, like adjusting volume levels, googling some info on an airfield.

I haven't yet worked out how to resize (the aspect ratio of) windows with the Touch controller yet though. I think you can as my PDF reader suddenly got very tall but I don't know what I did.