Any Progress?

• Have you made any progress on finding the cause of the VR glitches that have been apparent over the last few weeks? It is very hard to see imperfections when perfection had seemingly been achieved!

The stutters, anomalies, and the tendency for the view to "jump" when turning my head from side to side have not abated. Have you determined if there was a change on Oculus' end that needs to be addressed?

• I have read on other forums that oculus users are having the same problems with other flight sims not just afs.

Jim

New problems, or the same ones that they have always had? Other flight sims have always stunk in VR. ;)

You need to give us more time. Testing problems like this takes time.

Of course. But when you last commented on it you were unsure where the problem was, so I was interested if you had reached out to Oculus to ask if any changes had been made.

• Please don't compare any problems that anyone is having with Aerofly compared to any other flight simulator out there. What may be noticed as the same problems really aren't. All flight simulators out there, including ours, uses much different techniques and coding to achieve much different results. Therefore this type of comparison will end up becoming a comparison between flight simulators.

Short of closing this thread I wanted to make sure that everyone understood this approach.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I told everything that is public knowledge at this point in time.

When there is information to be told everyone will hear it.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• yes we are using different flight sims but those who have posted about problems are all using oculus so this could be a oculus problem or are you saying that the problem is on afs side can't you go into a bit more detail as we seem to be kept in the dark .

• We are always as open as we can be on here. I mentioned this before that Oculus changed something that we need to adjust to. It looks like Oculus made changes to their SDK but didn't reflect those changes in their source code. Again, please give some time for this to be resolved.

This is becoming very repetitive.

Regards,

Jeff

• I just updated Nvidia drivers and to the Beta of the Oculus Home software. Not sure what happened, but it was almost a puke fest. LOL I did not notice anything last night when I was flying, all seemed good. Tonight there are momentary pauses in the outside graphics, and inside the cockpit seems stuttery.

I have to let my stomach calm down, but tomorrow I will roll back the drivers and the Oculus software and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks IPACS for working on this. I am sure you will get it all fixed up for us, we just have to be patient.

Andrew

• I just updated Nvidia drivers and to the Beta of the Oculus Home software. Not sure what happened, but it was almost a puke fest. LOL I did not notice anything last night when I was flying, all seemed good. Tonight there are momentary pauses in the outside graphics, and inside the cockpit seems stuttery.

I have to let my stomach calm down, but tomorrow I will roll back the drivers and the Oculus software and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks IPACS for working on this. I am sure you will get it all fixed up for us, we just have to be patient.

Andrew

Exactly what I got but it happened before the Oculus beta. Changing that back does nothing. As Jeff said they're looking into it. Shame, I can't wait to get back flying again.

• Has anybody tried just rolling back the driver to an earlier one and see what happens? I'm sure that IPACS has tried that, but I haven't seen the results.

Also, I thought I saw the same issues before I updated the driver, but I have a poor short term memory these days and could be wrong.

• Has anybody tried just rolling back the driver to an earlier one and see what happens? I'm sure that IPACS has tried that, but I haven't seen the results.

Also, I thought I saw the same issues before I updated the driver, but I have a poor short term memory these days and could be wrong.

I've not tried rolling back but I have a memory like yours :) I'm sure I had it before recent update. Have you seen the update to 'IPACS Latest News Blog' called boo boo. Explains a lot.

• I just rolled back my PC and things seem better. Maybe it is just me, but compared to last night it seems better. My video drivers are Nvidia 22.21.13.8189 dated 4/19/2017, and I opted out of the Oculus Home Beta. I still had a few jumps in the outside world, but not bad. Inside the cockpit seems much better, not stuttery. I can't be 100% certain, but it "seems" better to me.

Andrew

• Between updates from Oculus, NVidia, ATC, Microsoft, and OpenGL APC it's amazing that anything works these days.

As game developers it's a real treat.

An update that further fixes the stuttering with head movement in VR was released public.

Please let us know if you see improvements.

Regards,

Jeff