More airports in FS2?

• Hi all!
    Just got the FS2 and I wonder one thing: there are only airports in California. Will there be addons, free or payware, to get airports in other states in USA and/or other countries?

• There are already airports in other states in AFS2. Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado have their own airports (for free). You can also have more airports with the Swiss dlc and North eastern USA (payware). And Orbx make Chicago MEIGS and Innsbruck LOWI airport in DLC too.

In the future IPACS will continue to make scenery with new airports and Orbx too (Aerosoft seems also will make scenery for AFS2).

• There are already airports in other states in AFS2. Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado have their own airports (for free). You can also have more airports with the Swiss dlc and North eastern USA (payware). And Orbx make Chicago MEIGS and Innsbruck LOWI airport in DLC too.

In the future IPACS will continue to make scenery with new airports and Orbx too (Aerosoft seems also will make scenery for AFS2).

Where can I get these free airports?

• Well, it's more complex even than that, since as far as I know, neither Aerosoft nor Simmarket (which is selling the sim as a download) have clarified exactly how updates and additional scenery are to be applied.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• ... neither Aerosoft nor Simmarket (which is selling the sim as a download) have clarified exactly how updates and additional scenery are to be applied.

Can't imagine why anyone would prefer to subject themselves to the likes of SimMarket when the Steam download and update process is so completely without pain?

• Speaking of airports, I just flew into my home airport for the first time in FS2, Republic (KFRG) on Long Island, NY.

I was pleasently surprised to find dozens of GA planes parked on the Echo ramp, near the control tower. Just like the real thing!

Another smile on my face from this sim:).

Edit: ALL of the GA ramps.

It would be cool if the American Airpower Museum hangar was modelled in greater detail, but at least it's there.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited once, last by Redtail (December 12, 2017 at 12:25 AM).