Need Saitek x52 control config file (gc-map.mcf)

• Hello everyone,

Just to add any possible helpful information, I also have now begun to experience the dreaded button 33 issue. I believe that someone above may have hit the mark, with the DLC. I have never had any issues with the controller in the past, and have verified that I still have no problem with the controller in other sims, such as XP-11. I did download and install a DLC last week, Innsbruck by Orbx (Looks fantastic!). After this DLC installation, I started having the Button 33 issue. I have installed the latest driver as suggested above, but it was of no help. I can confirm that the issue is somehow connected to my Logitec M310 cordless mouse, because any time I move the mouse the button 33 assignment flickers, and any click on any selection with the mouse, button 33 is assigned.

I am only using the throttle portion of the X-52, not the joystick. I am also using a Saitek Pro Flight yoke. If the X-52 is active, even making assignments to the Saitek yoke will generate the Button 33 issue. If I disable the X-52 then every thing works just fine with the Saitek.

I strongly suspect that the issue is tied with the Orbx DLC, because I had none of these issues prior to installing the DLC. This was the first Orbx DLC I had installed into Aerofly, so I am only assuming that I should be able to go into the Orbx FTX Central and uninstall the Innsbruck DLC? Perhaps that would help with troubleshooting? I will go into FTX and give an uninstall a try and report back.

• Before this is published all over the place: It is more than unlikely that a DLC is causing this. Again, we are aware of the problem, just be patient, we try our best to resolve this this week.

The fact that a mouse movement is somehow affecting the button 33 is a bug by itself. We now need to find out how to circumvent this problem without adding dirty hacks to our code.

• Before this is published all over the place: It is more than unlikely that a DLC is causing this. Again, we are aware of the problem, just be patient, we try our best to resolve this this week.

The fact that a mouse movement is somehow affecting the button 33 is a bug by itself. We now need to find out how to circumvent this problem without adding dirty hacks to our code.

OK, I believe that we understand that you are working on it, and realize it will take time, which is understandable. I was just offering any additional observations being that it was said earlier that you are not seeing this on your end.

I did go into the Orbx FTX Central 3 and I did uninstall the DLC content, and retried the controller setup, and the effect was unchanged. The Button 33 issue was exactly as it was before. I then installed a different DLC (Monterey) and again retried the controller setup, and again it was unchanged. Finally I reinstalled Innsbruck and tried a final time with the same results.

If there are any additional steps that we can take to help with the troubleshooting, please let us know.

:)

As a side note, I think that I probably speak for the majority when I say that not wanting to add dirty hacks to the code is exactly the correct approach. I believe that one of the reasons that FS2 outperforms all of the competition is because you have been very careful with your coding, and I doubt that any one here would expect for you to compromise all of your prior efforts just to expedite a solution.

I for one really appreciate all that your team is doing.

• I also have now begun to experience the dreaded button 33 issue. I believe that someone above may have hit the mark, with the DLC

I was one who have the problem after installing a DLC but know I pretty sure that I have the problem after installing Innsbruck. I installed before all the other DLC's but the problem came with Innsbruck I think.

Is it possible to de-install only one DLC to check if it is related to?

Maybe this information can be helpful.

• Hello Sel Rider,

as admin said it is unlikely that removing the DLC will fix anything. That's just two things that have no connection. As if I told you to set your desktop background to a certain image :)

Before this is published all over the place: It is more than unlikely that a DLC is causing this. Again, we are aware of the problem, just be patient, we try our best to resolve this this week.

• Is it possible to de-install only one DLC to check if it is related to?

Maybe this information can be helpful.

Yes, you can run the FTX Central Orbx configuration tool, and select to uninstall any individual Orbx package that you had installed previously. However, I have already tried this on my side and it was of no help, the problem remained.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the issues that had been previously experienced by users of the VKB Gladiator Mk II? What ever the issue is, I have no doubt that Jeff and the rest of the IPACS are doing all that they can to get this fixed as soon as they possibly can.

• Sorry guys,

did not read in detail all posts and answered stupid ||.

If admin already said that this is not related to the problem, than I will of course believe him :thumbup:.

I have already tried this on my side and it was of no help

It you already try on that way, than I do not need to do.

But thanks for this good information.

SR

• Jeff,

Just rattling something around in my head, so please don't put too much onto this, but is it possible that Steam is somehow overriding the controller with expected inputs from their Gamepad controller? I do not have a steam controller, but am just wondering of this entire issue has nothing to do with Aerofly at all, that your code may be perfect, and this may actually be a Steam issue?? Perhaps some code in Steam is expecting to find a Steam controller, and when it does not find it, the code applies the value to the X-52 instead? Perhaps this could all be from a recent Steam update? I'm thinking perhaps a steam update may have been pushed at about the same time that the Orbx Christmas sale started, which prompted a number of us to buy the content, and fooled us (ie. fooled ME) into presuming that it was the new content causing the issue, when it was simply a coincidental timing? I do recall seeing a steam update push after doing a reboot last week...

• Same problem here, also with Saitek x52 Pro. It may be coincidence, but I noticed this issue immediately after I've installed ORBX Monterey DLC. Since then every mouse movement triggers a "Button 33" event in the controller configuration screen of Aerofly 2. There is no "Button 33" in the game controller configuration window of Windows 10 when I move the mouse outside of Aerofly 2.

• The error was actually on our side and it just showed up when running Aerofly from the Steam client and not in our development environment.

We used a Windows function that only supported 32 buttons, we now extended this to support a maximum of 128.

That the mouse movement affected this special button was purely a random effect.