Aerofly FS2 Will Not Launch

• I was loving my new simulator...the HD pack, Colorado, Utah, the 2 Orbx sceneries.

But I tried to launch today and the screen goes black...a small Geforce Experience logo appears in the upper right then disappears, then that's it...all black..can't launch.

I updated my Nvidia driver just in case...no luck...tried launching from Steam and the .exe, same result. :(. No error messages just....all black.

No changes made to the PC etc. but it said it was doing a Steam update before the first fsiled launch.

Help please...I miss it already.

Thanks,

Steve

I76700 4.0 Ghz, GTX 1070 8GB, 16MB RAM, Windows 10

• What NVidia driver is installed on your system.

Also, make sure that it's using default settings.

You can also check the Steam file integrity of Aerofly to make sure files didn't get corrupt during an update.

If all of the above check out, please post your tm.log so that we can take a look.

It seems that there's something going on with your graphics card drivers but we can troubleshoot this so that you can get back to flying.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• It looks like Steam is crashing on you, but lets try one other thing first.

You are not using VR mode correct?

Try to delete the 'main.mcf' file located in your documents\Aeroflu FS 2 folder and try to run again.

In doing this, it resets your graphics settings but you can easily reset them if Aerofly loads up for you.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Is anything else acting up on you?

Try to unplug all USB devices that you have plugged in and run Aerofly. See if it opens.

Regards,

Jeff

• hello, exactly the same problem this morning... black screen.... no launching. I already have flown more than 340 hours with Fs2....

First time it happens. Got the last Nvidia drivers, but instead of the normal first menu screen, got a black screen...

• Is anything else acting up on you?

Try to unplug all USB devices that you have plugged in and run Aerofly. See if it opens.

I thought of that too...no dice...black screen.

My only other Steam game, a pinball sim, launched fine.

Tried uninstalling the 2 Orbx add ons thru FTX Central...no change.

Then I was trying to reinstall the Steam client and I inadvertently uninstalled all my AFS2 stuff! (Facepalm!).

So I'll be ready to try more fixes in 12-15 hours. :)

What's weird is there were no other changes I made to the PC except an Orbx libraries update thru FTX Central AND Windows 10 did an update of some kind between the last successful launch and now? P3Dv4 and XP11 are working ok somthe PC and graphics card are working OK.

Thanks,

Steve

• Some good news!

I uninstalled my Steam program (along with AFS2 accidentally) then re-installed Steam then AFS2 and I'm back up and running!

Still need to re-install Orbx sceneries and download the (thank you!) complimentary Utah, Colorado, Q400 etc.

But good so far!

Phew...thanks for your help, I shall use Steam to create backups, just in case this happens again.

Steve

• Interestingly, I had steam verify my files a few days ago on a whim, and received the report that over thirty files needed to be updated/repaired. I attributed this to the version confusion and other fun that happened in the last week or so, and wonder if others have ended up with slightly mangled installations.......

Having Steam verify files might be helpful.... (or not)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5