Grounded - FS2 won’t launch in SteamVR mode now - FIXED!!!

• EDIT: A 7.2 MB update was waiting for me on Steam this morning. Tried it once that completed and it's fixed! Woot! Going to be a fun day exploring scenery today!

I finished the download of Meigs and Switzerland scenery and I believe there was an update in there too. Now, no matter what I try, I can’t get FS2 to launch in VR.

If I have the SteamVR utility up and running, the Steam play button says "Play in VR" but it only launches on the desktop. If the SteamVR app isn’t running, I get the options to play in Steam VR mode, Oculus VR mode, or regular, and if I select SteamVR (I have a Vive), it will launch the SteamVR applet but again it launches on the desktop.

It was working great before the Meigs scenery and the last two mini updates. I didn’t try between the mini updates since Meigs and Switzerland were downloading.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, 2 dof Motion, Valve Index

Edited once, last by Zed (December 16, 2017 at 4:16 PM).

• And it's fixed!

There was a small Aerofly FS2 update waiting when I started Steam, fired up Aerofly FS2 and VR works again!

Wow guys! Thanks so much! That was amazingly fast!

You still want my log file? Only thing is now there is a successful VR launch that overwrote when it wasn't working.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, 2 dof Motion, Valve Index