The 2017-2018 List

• I really like:

1. I LOVE the performance and the fluidity of the presentation.

2. The default aircraft are very nice

3. Orbx integration is fantastic. I like it better in Aerofly than I do in FS or P3D by a long shot

Would like to see improvements in:

1. Simple tools for scenery generation, similar to Ortho4XP

2. systems integration in the default aircraft

3. Rain effects similar to that seen in FSW. Something about rain just really adds to the immersion factor when playing with challenging weather

4. Better control of weather

5. LOCAL time setting. Using UTC can be a little frustrating trying to remember the spread between UTC and what ever the local is for where ever...

Do not misunderstand...I have more items in the 'To improve' list than the 'I Like' list, however, what I like is substantially greater than the small minus' associated with the rest, with the possible exception of the limited areas to fly.

• 3. For the planes: Another modern small GA aircraft (what about a Piper?) and simulated mixture for the engines.

I would love a Piper Cherokee 140, too! I am doing my training in now, or even an Archer. Maybe an Erocoupe would be great, or Cirrus so I can fly in here what I can never afford in real life, lol. Some Alaska scenery would be awesome, too, so I can try my hand at some bush piloting, lol! Cant wait to get the Florida Keys scenery by DrHotWing1 (TIA!) installed here today.

I cant stress enough how much fun, and how visually stunning this sim is in VR! Thanks again!

• I love the:

1. Performance, of course.
    2. Anything from Orbx!
    3. The potential! (cultivation,
    4. The loading speeds
    5. The high resolution orthos. I would actually like even higher resolution.

I would like improvements on:

1. Clouds and weather, of course.
    2. Water (some day)
    3. Lighting: (Every time I look at the blurry, dim night lights I sort of cringe)
    4. I also want some dynamic lights, even if it's just landing lights on the planes. (Them runways are pretty dark, at night!)
    5. I would like a glider winch (and world peace!) :/
    6. The sound is very neglected, especially stereo positioning cues.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Wouldn't be nice if we have an AFS2 Road Map for 2018-2019 from IPACS, as ORBX did already?.

Cheers, Ed

Well..... we did have one once, when they set out their probable goals for early access.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well..... we did have one once, when they set out their probable goals for early access.

Now that AFS2 is out of Early Acess, and as they mentioned, still in a development phase, it worries me a bit to know that they haven't shown a path-to-follow or let's say a roadmap for the near future. In my opinion it hurts more not having a plan than showing it.

If they're eventually concerned about being monitored by a promissed schedule, they're not obliged to show dates, but at least I think they should be more explanatory about their future plans, in order to maintain the drive of this growing community and the interest of potential developers.

Just my opinion.

Cheers, Ed

• There's been hints....like the mention of use of 'touch' controllers. I'll just enjoy flying until they're ready to say something. Hey we've just got Colorado and a florida key download. Should keep us happy for a fair while :)

And a new airplane. 🧐

Regards,

Ray

• Ok, new to the forums and not usually vocal but I believe this Flight Sim has raised the bar for everyone else. I have just purchased the Oculus Rift and Aerofly FS2 was a must and, well, what can I say. In 30yrs of flight simming I have never been so immersed in a flight as I have over the past few days so, as hard as it is to single out 3 love/wish factors, I will give it a go:

Love

1. Exhilarating flights in VR

2. Aircraft detail is sublime.

3. It beats the hell out of FSX/P3D/XP11

Wishlist

1. More aircraft

2. Global coverage (eventually)

3. Traffic

There you have it. There is so much I could say about this sim as I am so excited to finally see something that is worthy of our money and with ORBX getting onboard I am sure it won't be long before other developers realise the potential of this excellent piece of software.

Well done guys......and gals?

• I must say the articles written by Savannah, Hiflyer, Fuitare and EdmundV were very well written IMHO. How refreshing to see genuine and obtainable, extra's to be added, even the sound of landing as one wrote. I like the enthusiasm shown by the newer members and the modders, Orbx and IPACS must of had the very best of New Year presents when they read those posts.

I always enthuse every time I see a new Orbx scenery.

Under the guidance of a very clever and innovated commander like JV this beautiful Sim will live on for a very long time.

It is now my Sim of choice after FSX.

Regards to all.

Taranakian (Jim)

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Gliders FREE/DLC:

- Winch

- Aerotow*

- SLS gliders

- More gliders

- + More gliders

- More 'surprise' goodies

*"Pilatus Porter" or similar…

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

Edited once, last by Xanix: … I almost forgot; more European scenery… (January 10, 2018 at 12:14 AM).

• three things that I like about Aerofly

1 everything

2 everything

3 everything

doing a great job guys, we just need to be patient, even the little things take a lot of man hours .

from little old N.Z

world cup rugby champs

americas cup holders

indy car champs

see size doesnt matter

:P

• You are coming a close second to us Aussies :P

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Ability to add custom sky cloud and textures

Force feedback option for controllers

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64