Let's make an Aircraft

• I hate to throw a wrinkle in it especially because I’m a newbie to this thread, but even a Cessna 172 has an artificial horizon so that you can carefully do a 30° or 40° bank or pitch up 10° or keep yourself straight and level if you erroneously find yourself in a cloud or you want to fly at night.

Makes sense, but I have never seen any model Cub with an Artifical Horizon. They all tend to use the real horizon. 😕

Regards,

Ray

• Hey guys

as some of you may have noticed there wasn't any update on my progress lately. This was due to unfortunate event where I got set back by few thousands of pounds, trying to earn few hundred;(

As I started new contracted job in a new town I recently moved into, most of my tools have been stolen.

In an effort to slow down a bit by leaving big city, I need to work twice as much now, to make up for the loss:cursing:

I'm sorry to make this announcement but Carbon Cub is now officially on hold, until things get better..

I have no words. What kind of low life thief takes another man livelihood?

Well, that's the unique way you learn your lessons I guess:/

Over and Out

Jay

• Sorry to hear that. There's always non-productive people who live on the other's efforts. Take your time and hopefully you'll recover soon.

Good luck, Ed

• It is a pity to hear this. Once the Carbon Cub is finished, I would like to buy it with great pleasure and maybe it will come back with some Euros for you. They could support you again. So that you can return to normal everyday life faster. All the best and many regards.

• Keep your eye on the intended goal, you may have to work harder now but remember that it will lead to the creation of the slower time you originally hoped for. Like the completion of the Carbon Cub, your intention is still there, only the timetable has changed. It's a setback for sure, but sometimes life seeds setbacks with glimmers of opportunity we might otherwise have missed. Keep your eye open for those my friend.

All the best

- Kenneth

• I don't know what to say fellas..

well I do actually, thank you very much!! :)

This is yet another proof, how great and supportive our community really is. I love it!

To be honest, the thing with kickstarter has crossed my mind too. Although I would love to be making planes for living, I can not legally commercialize our Carbon Cub project due to the nature of current licence associated with used software. The Cub is going to be 100% free for everybody and if all goes well, I will launch proper kickstarter campaign for full time AFS2 aircraft development, later this year:S

With all that said, if you guys still feel like supporting the cause, you can do so over at VR FlightSim, which is an open source cockpit building fun project I run as well. It will most certainly help to roll the cart back on the track;)

Over and Out

Jay

• Regarding this panel discussion: do you think we really need an autopilot?

I could live without it since we always have the copilot that could do the exact same for us. And the CC flies straight on its own, so we don't need it for level flight. Maybe its a bit overkill, what do you think?

Does anybody know if the com device in the executive panel also works as a transponder?

• We have no problem at all with someone making an aircraft with our tools and wanting to sell it for a profit but we need to insure that it meets our quality standard .

In fact, we support these types of effort from the community, and also encourage it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Here are a more detail pictures:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• hah, I found an image of the panel with the small garmin panel that you find in the extra as well (portrait orientation):

"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    " at 8:50

• hah, I found an image of the panel with the small garmin panel that you find in the extra as well (portrait orientation):

"

" at 8:50

everything but the AP. :)

• Jan,

That Dynon -180 unit has a gazillion features and displays. Are things like this plug and play in Aerofly FS2 or do they require months of programming? Same for the Garmin unit.

Regards,

Ray

• I takes some time to program each display and function, so I would say the time needed to programm these grows linearly. Each layer or page we add increases the work load for me. And I would like to keep it down as much as I can, that's why I think the Garmin GDU 370 or the Garmin 696 which look pretty much the same to me. The latter device seems to be more capable, so I'm going for that. And we have the G696 in the extra, so I could program it for the Extra, which I wanted to do for a long time anyway, and then fit it into the carbon cub as well. So that would be a nice time saver.

So from my point of view the currently best option would be:

World VFR panel with the G696 in the center, regular large diameter airspeed, altimeter, vertical speed and turn indicator, no autopilot, small diameter COM and transponder, and the CGR-30P engine monitor. That would be enough work I think and the panel would look quite good I assume. We could also add some form of LED strip as an angle of attack indicator or something like that.