​I'm flabbergasted (KMRY Monterey)

• I did that video this morning after spending.... pff quite a few hours over there... Bravo ORBX - IPACS - and Jarrad for bringing us such an amazing scenery

Cheer, Ben

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• Gorgeous!

I'm about to go to work, so I'll wait until tomorrow to bite the bullet.

Looking forward to getting my third Orbx DLC for fs2 and exploring the west coast much more.

Nice video

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited once, last by Redtail (December 17, 2017 at 11:12 PM).

• I stopped buying addons for FSX about a year ago, as it just felt like it had come to the end and I wouldn't be getting long term use out of what I bought. Feels very different getting these areas for FS2, we are right at the beginning and I will most likely get years of use out of whatever comes along. If they can keep prices sensible then I'll be happy to build up a new collection.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Just an observation that most of you have already realised. The FS2 version does not require the Northern California Region in AFS2 the way it does in FSX or P3D. Nice cost saving touch for some of those who have both sims but not the Northern California Region.

• Ehm.... how did you do that? I mean how did you manage to keep the autothrottle engaged and still have reversers active? I guess I've never landed and rolled down the entire runway with the throttles above idle and then never cared to retard them :D

You should disengage your autothrottle when you are using manual thrust on final...

• Had a bit more time to explore this one this morning. Installation with FTX central was about as smooth an painless as possible. I flew the default Monterey first so I'd have something to compare it to, and although it looked ok at anything above 700 ft or so, as photo scenery does, any lower and the flatness really stood out (if that can be a thing).

After installation, I started a flight at 8000ft, and the differences were subtle, but already noticeable. One very impressive aspect of this scenery is that you can't see the 'joins'; it blends really well with the default, and although you can clearly see up close where the OrbX look begins, it has been very well blended against what is underneath.

Coming down rapidly from 8000ft to about 500 or so, the differences get clearer until at about 200ft above the rooftops you really get a sense of the 3D space and the extra resolution. The area is quite big, much more than just the airport as it covers all around the bay where the town is and into the hills above the town.

The default sea texture has been replaced by a good compromise, quite dark and flat but with a subtle sense of texture, and an improvement on the straight photo texture that was there before. I only saw one area where the blending was a bit abrupt, but this might be patched out in a future update.

The airport itself is a major step up from what is there in the default scenery; lots of detail around and even a few animated figures. Sweeping guy is in there doing a grand job of keeping the tarmac clean. I saw a few other human figures moving, with most being still and frozen; I didn't see any animation of ground vehicles, but I don't think we are quite at that stage in the sim. Once fully animated ground activity comes to FS2 it will really spring to life.

So if you can pick this up quick in the OrbX sale, it's a real bargain. Even if you miss that and catch this one late, I'd say it's really nice to have a full detail airport from which to start a flight, then you can get up to 1000ft+ and the rest of the landscape then looks great anyway. Overall an excellent addition to the sim and a real glimpse of the possibilities that lie ahead. Highly recommended.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Other good new from ORBX and the creator of this scorner.. Jarrad (copied from ORBX Forum)

Ben

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys thanks very much for the lovely feedback, it's very rewarding to wake up to such nice comments this morning. I agree with you all, Aerofly has a huge amount of potential, and really is a great platform to work with alongside P3D. It's also nice to see some of our more complex airports get the chance to really perform under a highly-optimised performance engine, albeit with it's current limitations. Given the projects discussed by John, the work myself and others in the team are doing behind the scenes, ORBX are strongly committed to Aerofly as we see it as an excellent platform to be working with during 2018 and beyond.

For anyone who's keen, there are a few more projects in the works already; I'm hoping to preview my next just before Christmas. Like Monterey, it's centred in an existing part of the Aerofly world, and should be a nice location for short flights to some of the great default AFS2 airfields and scenic locations.

Cheers,

Jarrad

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

For anyone who's keen, there are a few more projects in the works already; I'm hoping to preview my next just before Christmas. Like Monterey, it's centred in an existing part of the Aerofly world, and should be a nice location for short flights to some of the great default AFS2 airfields and scenic locations.

Maybe Sedona Airport? (Near phoenix, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Monument Valley)

• I see Jarrard is logged on to our forum. Good for you.

Jarrad.

I am really enjoying the new Monterey for AF2. I am pleased you gave the Naval Post Graduate School some close attention to detail. Thanks for that. If you get a chance you might add water to our swimming pool. I see the school across the highway has blue water so maybe a quick touch up could happen. It is so noticeable when taking off and landing.

Also caught a gremlin in the water off the point. Check for the sharp 90 degree reflection.

Regards,

Cousin Ray

• I don't even need a realistic one. I can live with one as long as it can hover in the air.

An avatar, or a BOB (ORBX) could be simple to do.... nice to visit the superb scenery up close.

This is why I miss Chaseplane or EZDOK in AF2

Ben