​I'm flabbergasted (KMRY Monterey)

• I had some success doing a very slow taxi in the Bucker biplane, using the camera that hides the plane completely. You can get quite close to anything on the tarmac but if you go on rough ground the plane crashes. I managed to get close enough to sweeping up guy to notice that his headphones had slipped off his head. It's a bit fiddly, but allows you to appreciate the details..

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• You do not need steam. You can buy it direct from Orbx and in the 45% sale it was only AUD $18.12 for me. It will install into your steam installation without problems anyway.p

Exactly - you do not need Steam. ORBX native FTX central also let’s you migrate your compatible STEAM purchases into their native user interface, and you can manage it all from within. They also have a 45% off everything sale until the end of the year, so great time to expand the P3D scenery collection as well;-;

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• I just want to encourage as many of us who can "afford" it to purchase most every ORBX product offered for use on FS2. Personally, I think that what was done for the default in FS2 was probably enough for me but we are so fortunate to have Jarrad and ORBX looking at us for content over the future. I am certainly especially willing to pay this reduced price for such a quality product that I would estimate at least 500 to 1000 hours to produce. Some of us who have tried to do a basic airport with GeoConvert, ScenProc, and AC3D know that it took us maybe 100 to 200 hours for our little effort which resulted in nothing close to this. If we keep ORBX producers pleased with our purchasing, we might actually get an airport that we truly have been waiting for.

Dave W.

• I just want to encourage as many of us who can "afford" it to purchase most every ORBX product offered for use on FS2. Personally, I think that what was done for the default in FS2 was probably enough for me but we are so fortunate to have Jarrad and ORBX looking at us for content over the future. I am certainly especially willing to pay this reduced price for such a quality product that I would estimate at least 500 to 1000 hours to produce. Some of us who have tried to do a basic airport with GeoConvert, ScenProc, and AC3D know that it took us maybe 100 to 200 hours for our little effort which resulted in nothing close to this. If we keep ORBX producers pleased with our purchasing, we might actually get an airport that we truly have been waiting for.

Dave W.

Completely agree. I was learning GeoConvert, ScenProc, and AC3D, but later realized that this is not the best thing to do. The time I put into doing these DIY work can easily be used to earn money that can buy much more commercial DLC. So Aerofly FS 2 + Orbx and other 3rd party DLC is the way to go. I will buy all Orbx sceneries for AFS2 for their future development, even if I rarely use these sceneries now.

• As I said somewhere else, for obvious reasons, payware developers are able to focus a lot of time into development in order to deliver real high quality. There can be some amazing freeware out there for flight sims but payware will obviously have the higher quality. I'm willing to pay for quality. Also I'm a consumer hobbyist, not a developer. I'll consume what people develop.

I somewhat agree AOB, but only to the extent of the airports they convert. VFRing in AFS2 (especially with VR) is such an incredible experience compared to P3D. The detail Orbx provides in their content can be experienced better during low and slow VFR flights rather than high and fast IFR jet flights. To me it makes buying more Orbx airports I have not bought for P3D more worthwhile. Innsbruck, Mieg's and Monterey I never planned to buy for P3D. I have a few PNW ones for P3D which I've barely flown around but can't wait to in AFS2 once PNW is made and the detailed airports are converted.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift

• Please open a separate thread for this.

• I just want to encourage as many of us who can "afford" it to purchase most every ORBX product offered for use on FS2.

I fully agree, it may sound expensive to pay 25-40$ for a single scenery when IPACS FS2 cost only twice as that for a whole sim... but hey, that is the norm in the world of great quality airport - mini region. The upcoming ORBX PNW will help IPACS grow big time.

ORBX as always been about flying low and slow (perfect for VR)... I can't wait to see their new tech (words of JV, the CEO) for PNW and the Netherland.

I still like P3D V4 and use it about equally as FS2... and one of my passion with flight sim is filming, something a bit more hard with V4 when it drop bellow 20 FPS.

In that vid I did, using FRAP, the worse # I have seen with FS2 was 30 FPS, and only once. And that is my best FPS with V4.

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• OK I buckled and bought Monterey. Even in a sale I thought I wouldn't be too impressed as it's quite small. And I didn't like the faults shown in the sea ( still don't)....But Wow!!! The detail and feeling of scale and being there in VR is stunning. Best yet. Flying low around and over the airfield in the Bucker Jungmeister just felt real.

• Jarrad hasn't been on this thread. It was just a copied post from the Orbx forum. Jetjockey I hope you've posted this on the Orbx forum as I too would like to see that horrible triangle in the sea removed.

• Jarrad hasn't been on this thread. It was just a copied post from the Orbx forum. Jetjockey I hope you've posted this on the Orbx forum as I too would like to see that horrible triangle in the sea removed.

I have not because I don't have anything to make the graphic to add to their forum. I saw he was logged on at our forum when I posted that above. He probably just missed it.

Regards,

Ray

• I am thinking that as AFS2 develops that the sale of Orbx products for the other sims will diminish. Not sure what Orbx thinks about that.

I think AFS2 is going to grow and with the similarities between ORBX's Monterey and Meigs sceneries on both FSX and AFS2, I think ORBX can leverage the rest of their portfolio pretty easy. I bet the future is bright for AFS2 and for ORBX.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, 2 dof Motion, Valve Index

• It's probably a really good opportunity for OrbX as they have all that back catalogue to draw upon, and it seems to port over to the FS2 engine pretty well. Having a new outlet will be pretty positive if FSX sales are declining over time.

Compared to anyone developing this stuff from scratch, they have a real head start. They seem to be a good, well respected company, and they have built up a loyal following as a result. I'm very pleased the relationship with IPACS is working well, as it makes FS2 even more appealing.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• I just bought Monterey, and also Innsbruk from ORBX. I am simply blown away at how these complex scenery areas perform in AFS2, even on my 7-year-old single-core computer!

I have been a staunch MSFS user for more than 30 years, and I have spent a lot of money on addons and peripherals. I've even built three home cockpits over the years.... In short, I have a small fortune invested in that old platform.

And now, I know I can never go back to it.

IPACS, you guys are doing an insanely-superb job, and ORBX, thank you for your vision to see it, and your commercial good sense to saddle your horse to it.

And ORBX, if you read this post, please find a way to do the UK and the Canadian areas from your older products in photorealism please. If Horizon sims could get their hands on GetMapping photos for the entire UK ten years ago, surely you can at a price that makes economic sense. Keep up the brilliant work.

- Kenneth