Mouse issue

• After a clean install on a new PC, when I am in the Location section, the mouse pointer will only move to a certain point, which varies every time, at which point it hits "a wall" and will no longer move any further that direction. It also hangs for a few seconds every time I get the pointer anywhere near the altitude selector. I have to exit the sim, which it happens on this screen too, to fix it. PIA when I cant click the yes button to confirm I want to exit, FYI.

• No. It seems to follow the borders of windows open underneath the sim. But occasionally will popup up unexpectedly. If I alt-tab into steam, as I run it in VR (Oculus not Steam VR) then minimize Steam again, then alt tab over to FS2 it goes away for a bit. Super-frustrating when I am trying to adjust nav com freq's or the autopilot! I have render scale factor set to 2.0 but that is it. Oh and Oculus Tray Tool set to Super Sampling 2.0 and ASW set to auto.

• What is the command line switch to run this in Oculus VR mode? I would like to eliminate Steam from the equation as it hasn't happened since I just ran the app from the bin64 directory

• What is the command line switch to run this in Oculus VR mode? I would like to eliminate Steam from the equation as it hasn't happened since I just ran the app from the bin64 directory

To run Aerofly FS 2 in Oculus VR mode you will need the parameter '-othervr' added to either your shortcut or in the Steam parameters section of Aerofly.

You can also run directly from Steam by selecting run. You will get a box to manually select which mode you would like to run; standard (non-VR, SteamVR, or Oculus (other) VR modes)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• So I tried the alt tab idea before I posted my issue. It works great for a minute, then it starts jumping all over the screen or following the invisible wall. No other programs are on the screen as they are minimized. It only happens in FS2, and going into Steam then back to FS2 fixes it for about a minute. This is so frustrating. I swapped my mouse and keyboard too. There is nothing else on this PC besides Steam, FS2, Oculus, Nvidia and my Logitech yoke profile software. It is a brand new hardware build just for FS2.

Needless to say, not being able to get to radio dials, as I am practicing VOR and IFR, not changing any settings in the game after a minute really takes the fun out of this. I spend more time swearing than VR'ing.

Unfortunately, using the command line switch still launches steam so its tough to determine if it is FS2 or Steam causing my issues

Edited 2 times, last by pkaser (December 23, 2017 at 12:53 AM).

• Ok, according to the tm.log file, Aerofly is properly using Oculus VR and not Steam VR, so that is fine. Steam is always launched if Aerofly is launched, you can't disable Steam.

There are a few errors in the tm.log reported from the Oculus VR software, its hard to judge if they are critical or not, it doesn't look like it, but maybe reinstalling Oculus software will get rid of them.

Also setting the render scale factor in Aerofly to 2.0 and setting another upscale factor in the Oculus tool ( Super Sampling 2.0 ) is absolutely not recommended. Its a waste of resources and doesn't give you any benefits.

However if on your system you loose focus after a certain time, some other task is gaining focus while you are using Aerofly, its 99% the cause of this issue. Maybe run Aerofly in VR, take of the headset, hold a finger over the sensor inside the headset, so Oculus VR stay active and observe what happens on your main monitor screen. Maybe you can find out the cause this way.

Another strange thing is your window position. According to tm.log your window is slightly off screen?! Please delete the file called main.mcf in the 'Documents/Aerofly FS 2' folder and run Aerofly with no other changes. The window in VR should be smaller than your screen and be centered on the desktop.

• That fixed it.

I was thinking it had something to do with the screen size.

Backstory that now makes sense:

So, one day the FS2 window went slightly off screen and I noticed the invisible wall in the game. I took of the goggles and lo and behold the game was off the screen and the "wall" was the edge of the screen. I tried to move it back and couldn't. Somehow it then ended up with the window becoming maximized. It seemed to go away or I just didn't really notice it because I was too busy flying that new bi plane through Chicago and New York to mess with any navigation, as it has no VOR anything.

Then a few days went by and I noticed the game window was still maximized and the mouse became erratic when I switched to the Cessna and wanted to do real IFR stuff. Attributing it to the new system (wireless mouse, etc) I started swapping equipment. No joy. That is when I posted my question.

Thank you! Now the game window is a normal size window taking up 2/3 of the screen, not the "restored" (which was now just slightly smaller than full screen) or "maximized" (both gave the same result).

As a developer myself I wanted to post the backstory so you knew what had transpired to create the erratic behavior, even if it doesn't seem relevant,

Thanks again for the help. Reinstalling my next endeavor, but renaming that file fixed it (I never delete anything!)

Patrick