• Hi all,

there are still a lot of missplaced trees in the California and also in the Colorado scenery.

Some streets and big highways and also buildings are filled with trees. Any news on this topic?

It's always nice to fly in the sim but that bothers me a bit.

Cheers

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

SIMs: Aerofly FS2+FS4, FSXSE, P3D4.5, Xplane 10/11/12, MSFS

• It's the same on the east coast. Stewart in New York has trees blocking the travel lanes on I-84. Things seem to have a purplish cast in that area as well. I wish they'd finish New York state out to Buffalo.

I have done a significant amount of NYS, covers most of the finger lakes region. I have noticed the purplish cast in some areas I have done. I think it is on the satellite images.

Andrew

• Monterey, and innsbruck show that the trees can be controlled, but it remains to be seen if that can be done on a truly wide scale.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Monterey, and innsbruck show that the trees can be controlled, but it remains to be seen if that can be done on a truly wide scale.

The trees are placed by the scenery designer, yes. And it's a problem that if I reduce the amount of trees

in the graphic settings I can manage the missplaced trees in the stock scenery a bit, but I also get less trees in those sceneries.

Cheers,

Andreas

PC: Ritzen 7 3700X, MSI AM4 board, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB RAM, SSD 1,7 TB, HD 8,0 TB, Win10-64

• The trees are placed by the scenery designer, yes. And it's a problem that if I reduce the amount of trees

in the graphic settings I can manage the missplaced trees in the stock scenery a bit, but I also get less trees in those sceneries.

Cheers,

Andreas

Unfortunately that is how we have it set up for now.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Unfortunately that is how we have it set up for now.

Now I have done some testing in FSX and Aerofly, I have both LOWI and KMRY in the 2 sims.

Aerofly certainly runs smoother but FSX looks great because of various vegetation and Orbx HD trees.

So the scenery in Aerofly can compete as soon as I set the trees to "Ultra".

But I cannot run most of the stock scenery with this setting.

Perhaps it's necessary to separate this or assign a fixed average value to the stock scenery and leave the

setting in the graphics menu to the addon scenery. I say this because in my opinion the high quality

payware scenery will be as important here as for the other sims. There is no way out.

Is there any way to shut of the spelling automatic here? It's crazy.... :):S

• Hi again,

in his video tutorial "cultivation" Rodeo describes the use of the tool "ScenProc" to create cultivation in an area

around an airport or so.

I've now downloaded this tool and read through the manual. It supports creation of Aerofly xxx.toc files now

and in principle allows to place buildings, plants and lights autogenerated in large areas.

The quality of the results depends on the input data which can be openstreetmap xxx.osm or so.

And it's configuration for ScenProc of course. This is what the author says.

I think the initial setup how to use it for Aerofly for large areas will be a bit difficult.

Unfortunately I will not have the time available during next months to work with this,

but this seems to be the method to create more cultivation for the whole stock area and dlc.

Did the Aerofly team use this tool to create the trees cultivation we have now?

Happy flying,

Andreas