Interfacing RC7 with Jeti DS16

• Hi guys,

I have been using RC7 Ultimate on Windows with a Spektrum transmitter for several years. I recently purchased a Jeti DS16 and now wish to use that with RC7. I connect the DS16 to my computer with just the USB cable provided by Jeti. RC7 recognises the DS16 as a controller and I have calibrated the controls. The transmitter asks me if I want to Connect USB? I reply 'yes' and RC7 recognises stick and switch inputs from the transmitter. If I escape from the USB connection and select a model on the DS16, RC7 does not recognise the transmitter as a controller.

I want to experiment with setting up models and mixes in the DS16 and see the results in RC7.

If I use just a USB cable connection, is there a way for get RC7 to recognise control inputs from the DS16 after I select a model?

If the answer to the previous question is 'no', would purchasing the Aerofly Single Line Converter and an additional Jeti receiver allow me to use RC7 with a model selected on the DS16?

Are there any other options to connect the DS16 to RC7?

Thanks

Chris

Windows Version: Windows 10

Processor type and speed: Intel i3 550 @ 3.2 GHz

Graphic card manufacturer and type: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Sound card manufacturer and exact model type: Realtek High Definition Audio

Amount of RAM : 8 GB

aerofly RC 7 version: 7.4.11

Manufacturer and model type of your transmitter or controller joystick: Jeti DS16

Any special software installed besides aerofly RC 7 (e.g. Virus scanner and other Utilities) AVG Antivirus

• Hi Jurgen,

That is not a silly question at all. Yes, I have only the Jeti connected.

After sending my original email, I did more investigation and realized that I need to address the interface issue from the transmitter side rather than the RC7 simulator side. I need the transmitter to provide a PPM signal to my PC.

Some googling showed options listed on the Jeti website (http://www.jetimodel.com/en/How-to-conn…ight-simulator/) and also a useful page on the Ikarus website (http://www.ikarus.net/en/frage-wie-k…16-anschliesen/).

I now have several options to investigate further. I am interested in which option other people use but I no longer need RC7 technical support.

Thank you for your time

Chris