Future Aircraft Wishlist

• Don't think I'll get any of these :) But in other sims I've enjoyed...

grumman goose

chipmunk

Tiger moth

douglas dakota

Well.. At least three of these types were produced as third-party commercial options by Just Flight for the MSFS platform. I already emailed a contact of mine there and asked them to consider porting the Chippy over to AFS2. Maybe if enough of their customer base asked them...

Decades ago, the Star Trek franchise would have died were it not for loyal fans asking the networks to show re-runs. No, I am not suggesting AFS2 will die, far from it, but there's power in customer communication. It's demand and supply isn't it? If we who are fans of AFS2 create enough of a demand for quality third party aircraft, then some company will come up with the supply. I know who I am targeting in my communication campaigns! Yes, some companies I've spent a fortune with! (Whom I'd ask for a discount this time around!)

How many of you guys like this idea? LIKE the post if you do. Supply and demand guys!

- Kenneth

• I work in the corporate aviation business and would wish to see any of the following in this awesome sim:

- Bombardier Global XRS or 6000/5000 or why not the 7000 :P

- Challenger 604 or 605/650

- Any of the ultra long range Gulfstreams: G550, 650..(notwithstanding the know legality issues in creating any of their platforms in the sim world)

- Dassault Falcon 2000 classic or Easy (any of the variants: EX, LX, DX, etc)

- Dassault Falcon 900 classic or Easy (any of the variants: B, C, EX, LX DX)

Derek

• Forgive me for being honest, but I would first see all stock aircraft and ground ops completed. :)

Oh yeah, I would loooove to have glass cockpit versions of 737s (e.g. 737-800). The 737-500 is there so it's not even something to be done from scratch.

For an outsider like me finishing these seems to be a low hanging fruit, most of the modeling and systems simulations done.

It's so few missing to be so great. :|

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• Forgive me for being honest, but I would first see all stock aircraft and ground ops completed. :)

Oh yeah, I would loooove to have glass cockpit versions of 737s (e.g. 737-800). The 737-500 is there so it's not even something to be done from scratch.

For an outsider like me finishing these seems to be a low hanging fruit, most of the modeling and systems simulations done.

It's so few missing to be so great. :|

well... the 737 cockpit would have to be redone, basically from scratch. Even though there might be the occasional switch that could be reused as soon as you think about changing the textures you have basically remap all of the switches and then it probably takes longer than just remodeling the few switch (and copy pasting them). We also need a longer fuselage which also makes the current model a bit useless and the wings would need to be changed as well, cause the NG has different wings with more spoilers and more span I think. So yeah, all in all there is not much we could reuse from the -500, which would mean the -800 pretty much needs to be modeled from scratch.

If we were to create a 737 NG, which one would you prefer? 737-800 NG with the new split scimitar winglets? or go straight for the MAX?

If we were to create a 737 NG, which one would you prefer? 737-800 NG with the new split scimitar winglets? or go straight for the MAX?

Oh, sorry I was ill informed about the differences between the two types. :(

I would prefer the one that has the most aircraft in service presently. I honestly don't know which one is most commonly used nowadays and in the short term future. My expectation from such simulators is that amateurs could try themselves and master aircraft they usually ride as a passenger. :)

Best Regards

Balazs

freetrack/opentrack

• well... the 737 cockpit would have to be redone, basically from scratch. Even though there might be the occasional switch that could be reused as soon as you think about changing the textures you have basically remap all of the switches and then it probably takes longer than just remodeling the few switch (and copy pasting them). We also need a longer fuselage which also makes the current model a bit useless and the wings would need to be changed as well, cause the NG has different wings with more spoilers and more span I think. So yeah, all in all there is not much we could reuse from the -500, which would mean the -800 pretty much needs to be modeled from scratch.

Hey Jan, my preference would be to see you go to the MAX directly

Derek

• Hey Jan, my preference would be to see you go to the MAX directly

Derek

Would the diffrences between the MAX and the NG be closer than vs the 500 so with a low effort both variants would be possible? :|

Best Regards

Balazs

freetrack/opentrack

• Would the diffrences between the MAX and the NG be closer than vs the 500 so with a low effort both variants would be possible? :|

well the MAX has pretty much just screens while the NG has more knobs and switches on the front panel still. Due to the nature of the larger displays and possible new system pages it would make a large difference for me, modelling is probably easy: rip out front panel, put in large screens, done :D

• I am really boring. I would like to see a Piper Warrior II or III, because that is what I flew in real life.

The PA 28-161 is also the most common training aircraft and one of the most stable of all aircraft. I have around 600 hours logged on one of these alone. One of my favorite aircraft, at least until I got into the twins, then it was the Piper Aztec :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• well the MAX has pretty much just screens while the NG has more knobs and switches on the front panel still. Due to the nature of the larger displays and possible new system pages it would make a large difference for me, modelling is probably easy: rip out front panel, put in large screens, done :D

rip and replace. Sounds like a long weekend’s work for you. 🤪

Regards,

Ray

• 1º) .- I would very much like to be included in the squadron of Ipacs airplanes, a special one, belonging to the group of airplanes that neither is part of this flotilla: a plane "canard", especially, I would like the "Spaceship Zero" (from the designer Burt Rutan). I like canard, because the feeling of flying them is something different (and for me very stimulating).

2nd) - And another plane that I would like the "Rafale".