Future Aircraft Wishlist

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well the MAX has pretty much just screens while the NG has more knobs and switches on the front panel still. Due to the nature of the larger displays and possible new system pages it would make a large difference for me, modelling is probably easy: rip out front panel, put in large screens, done :D

I'm not saying it's not much work, but the same amount of work spent in a new aircraft might yield less impressive results than a type tailored to perfection or even variants. I would be happy to contribute! :)

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

Edited once, last by Kisvakond (April 29, 2018 at 9:53 PM).

• I would be happy with more 737 liveries. :)

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so apologies if I crossed any lines that I should not have.

I so much love AFS2!

Windows 7 (64-Bit), Asus Sabertooth (Intel Z87) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0, Intel 4th Gen Core i7 4770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Cooling Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan, GDDR5, PCIe, 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II.

• A crossover model of the Q200 Quickie, a canard design, was nearing completion when the developer threw up his hands and gave up trying to learn the IPACS design parameters. A little encouragement might get him interested again. He was far enough along to show images of the plane flying in AFS2. I’m not sure what straw broke the camel’s back.

I thought sure this one would have been the first 3rd party design flying in AFS2.

Regards,

Ray

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/8590/

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/8591/

• ...right ! And do we have any news about the Carbon Cub projet ? It was very very promising, and seemed not far from completion. I really hope that these projects ( quickie, Bellanca, Duo Discus, Carboncub, and some projetcts of Dino Cattaneo,) are still living :).

• ...right ! And do we have any news about the Carbon Cub projet ? It was very very promising, and seemed not far from completion. I really hope that these projects ( quickie, Bellanca, Duo Discus, Carboncub, and some projetcts of Dino Cattaneo,) are still living :).

Me also. The Carbon Cub is on hold for a different reason. There is still some hope for this one.

Regards,

Ray

• > If we were to create a 737 NG, which one would you prefer? 737-800 NG with the new split scimitar winglets? or go straight for the MAX?

No question, if you were to do a modern 737 you should go for the MAX.

there are still a lot of NG's flying around and will be for the next 20 years or so.

• (One of my favorite aircraft, at least until I got into the twins,) then it was the Piper Aztec

Yes a PA-23 Aztec with old paint and worn engines.

None of the Baron sports car handling, more of a hard working utility twin, with the ceiling pitch trim knob (which had no natural direction sense, simable with left-right buttons or keys for the pitch trim?) and with engine cooling cowl flaps to help get the most performance from a larger airframe, perhaps with a retro 1990s intro' GPS unit with no map graphics? Best of all sweet handling and stalls from its big fat Piper Cub like wing.

Not fashionable though.

• Yes a PA-23 Aztec with old paint and worn engines.

None of the Baron sports car handling, more of a hard working utility twin, with the ceiling pitch trim knob (which had no natural direction sense, simable with left-right buttons or keys for the pitch trim?) and with engine cooling cowl flaps to help get the most performance from a larger airframe, perhaps with a retro 1990s intro' GPS unit with no map graphics? Best of all sweet handling and stalls from its big fat Piper Cub like wing

yep, I got my multi rating in a PA-23-250 Aztec at Daytona Beach many moons ago. Sweet flying plane for sure. :)

Regards,

Ray

• >there are still a lot of NG's flying around and will be for the next 20 years or so.

Yes there are and there will be. Having previously worked on the 737-300 and 400 for Piedmont, USAir, and USAirways I can see the draw of the NGs which are closer to what I am myself familiar with that the Max, however, you are building the most state of the art desktop simulator, and as such, I really feel that it deserves the most state of the art aircraft, and so far as can be said of that for a 737... well that would be the MAX.

Besides, the split winglets on the MAX are much better looking than the Split Scimitar STC Mods being applied to the NG fleet. The split scimitars do look nice, but not as nice as the true MAX winglets.

• Then don't bother with PCing the 380. In a few years they will have gone the way of the long 340s. A nice freight or Lufthansa passenger 747-8 would be nice, their wings are quite different also.

Funny how the 380 features on the FS2004 art, it hadn't flown back then if I remember it right. I'm running 2004 maxed out and with max difficulty to get some PC helicopter time in :) . Must try and find my old Xplane 9, its helicopter is much better.

• My wish list is simple: Just the aircraft where the designers have the most fun to do it. So it will be finished and deployed with love and enthusiasm. Nothing worse than doing stuff you don`t like to do.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• My wish list is simple: Just the aircraft where the designers have the most fun to do it. So it will be finished and deployed with love and enthusiasm. Nothing worse than doing stuff you don`t like to do.

Th devil lies in the details. Here, it's the 80-20 rule. Most tasks can be done to 80% completion at 20% of the time frame, while the rest 20% of progress is being done at the remaining 80%. There is no such favorite task that won't turn into a chore when it's no longer seeing high amounts of progress in a short time.

Unfortunately, it's that upper 20% of completion that gives something the preception of complete, that makes the difference.

The is no way around the grinding. It will always be more attractive to start something new and bring it up to 80% rather than finishing anything just to be 100%.

Most of us been there, done that. It's the question if we have the guts to face it.

I can't wait the A320 to be finished.

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf