Florida keys released.....

• Very cool! I had a ball flying around this area.....always wanted to visit :)

Thanks for all the time and energy you devoted to this project Jeff - it is a clearly a labor of love so know that you have many who will experience and appreciate your work.

Besides adding another area for us to explore I think it successfully meets the criteria, as you intend, for a good demo of what is possible using scenery creation tools. I hope this encourages others to take the plunge and contribute to a growing download library.

:thumbup:ps. The inclusion of a few lighted maritime aids to navigation is something I truly appreciate! For me it adds a noticeable highlight and sense of realism that many developers just overlook. Don't know if you have the capability to adjust flashing rate of the aforementioned lights, but you may keep this link available (https://webapp.navionics.com) if you are ever doing maritime lights again. I find it a great free resource for accurate marine charting and marker lighting. Zoom in to your chosen area. You may even find it helpful as you experiment with solutions for water given the bathymetric data available.

Bravo, Jeremy

• Very cool! I had a ball flying around this area.....always wanted to visit :)

Thanks for all the time and energy you devoted to this project Jeff - it is a clearly a labor of love so know that you have many who will experience and appreciate your work.

Besides adding another area for us to explore I think it successfully meets the criteria, as you intend, for a good demo of what is possible using scenery creation tools. I hope this encourages others to take the plunge and contribute to a growing download library.

:thumbup:ps. The inclusion of a few lighted maritime aids to navigation is something I truly appreciate! For me it adds a noticeable highlight and sense of realism that many developers just overlook. Don't know if you have the capability to adjust flashing rate of the aforementioned lights, but you may keep this link available (https://webapp.navionics.com) if you are ever doing maritime lights again. I find it a great free resource for accurate marine charting and marker lighting. Zoom in to your chosen area. You may even find it helpful as you experiment with solutions for water given the bathymetric data available.

Bravo, Jeremy

Thank you for the kind words.

As for the channel buoy lights, I already adjusted them in my update build that will be coming soon. Also in it I've fixed the cultivation issue, fixed the taxiway decals that disappear, and added a bunch of additional goodies.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• drhotwing1 (IPACS) -

Tomorrow I am doing a video on the Keys, and I generally like to talk about some of the processes and challenges in making scenery. Can you give me a quick rundown of each, that I can refer to when describing what you had to go through, and what the average scenery developer/user will face when using these tools.

That way I can have answers for the questions that will inevitably pop up when I tell folks that they can do this too.

Thanks in advance. I am recording voiceovers tonight to finish up the already recorded flight, then putting this up live tomorrow.

• I have released an update package (1.5) for anyone who has downloaded the Florida Keys Scenery Package.

Since the package is so large, I have provided an update separate from the 1.0 package.

I will also be updating the main package for anyone who has not downloaded the original package yet. Ultimately, the latest version is 1.5.

I will be releasing the next updates with an installer to make things easier for future installs.

Thank you everyone for your positive response, I will continue to make this project better and better.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Version 1.8 coming soon.

This next update will include more fixes and some fully modeled custom resorts to add to the fun. I've also added a few more goodies to try to spot.

Regards,

Jeff

• Version 1.8 coming soon.

This next update will include more fixes and some fully modeled custom resorts to add to the fun. I've also added a few more goodies to try to spot.

I finally got back home from the holidays and had the normal duties of getting the electronic type gifts installed and running. The Amazon Echo and Echo dot were a long time coming but both are working fine and seem to be at home in our Kitchen and my flight sim room.

We are in the middle of an Artic blast with the coldest temperatures in 50 years so the NEST unit will have to wait for reasonable weather just in case I run into installation problems. :whistling:

I have a Oculus Rift still in the box waiting for the companion Alienware Screamer PC that should be here next week. I did go ahead and install the Alienware Gaming Pro keyboard and Mouse. Both will take time getting comfortable with the feel of the keyboard and the size of the mouse.

So, this morning I installed the v1.5 update to Key West and went straight to the Carnival cruise ship and the Lighthouse. Nice work, Jeff, thanks. I'm thinking the water blending may have had a touch up also, but not sure.

I am looking forward to the v1.8 update.

Regards,

Ray