Is it possible to land on the Aircraft carriers?

• Good Evening,

I've installed the addon aircraft carrier and I've tried to land on it with multiple different aircraft but each time I land the plane flips over. Even with the 172 while performing a textbook approach. Is it possible to land on the carrier? Thanks all.

• Funny you mentioned this because I just downloaded the Intrepid a few hours ago, and the first thing I did was try landing on it in the Beucker. After two disaterous attempts, I gave up and went on to other things. Then after reading your post, I decided to give it a go in the Cessna using good old Short Field Landing techniques. Works like a charm:).

Fly a base leg to the ship at 200 to 300 agl, 60kias, full flaps. Cut the throttle when the ship is made (third wire, lol). Upon touchdown, full aft stick and hard braking with a slight right turn to keep her on deck.

Then turn around, raise flaps to 10°, hold brakes, full throttle. Release brakes, rotate at 55. Go out and do it again:S

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Hi, I'm not sure what causes this, here are possible causes in the carrier model itself:

the mesh of the carrier probably has either double sided faces or the ceiling of the carrier lower deck (if modeled) is to high, near the surface of the deck which the wheels are pulled through because they want to be "outside". The harder you touch down the more the wheels are pressed into the deck and may cause this effect.

the collision mesh of the carrier probably also contains the wires and the lines which should be done differently. For example: the lower surface of the wire faces is probably facing down, causing the wheels to be pushed into the ground. Also the lines could have a back side we don't see which would also interfere with the wheels. The lines should just be decals where the wheel can pass through and with the wires - they should at least be checked if there are surfaces that face down, those should be removed.

The older wheels worked differently and used different code, that is probably a reason why the user made carrier now is not really usable except for a light cessna at slow speed with a gentle touch down maybe. I'm afraid we should probably adjust the model a bit and see if removing the lines and wires from the collision mesh helps, then reupload it.

Regards,

Jan

• Oops, I thought he was talking about the Intrepid.

Oh wow, we have the Ike?

I must be blind because I never noticed it, even though it's sitting right next to the Intrepid in the downloads section.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• You can do it, just look out for that A-12 on the deck. Don't hit it!

There are no issues with the wheels and deck surface.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA