TSC file questions

• I'm building a website for rapid creation of airport TSC files. Screenshot shows the idea. You just click on the map and it populates the relevant boxes for runways, towers etc, calculating LonLat co-ords and runway widths. Then it will let you download a completed TSC file. Oh, and it will store the file so others can download everything everyone has created. So I do everything right I just want to check.

1. Does it need to know the runway elevation as long as autoheight is true? i.e. this line <[float64] [height] [14.00]>
    2. If I leave tower height 30 is that good enough for most situations? <[float64] [tower_height] [30.0]>
    3. What difference does this make? <[float64] [size] [5000]>
    4. What are the options/implications for these: <[string8] [appltsys1][rail]> and <[string8] [reil1][none]>

Then I'll just need a good name for it? Rapport maybe?

• Excellent idea. Please don't forget to add the possibility of having several parking spots, the required (dummy) runway object file section, the cultivation section even if it's empty...

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

• On it Ed!

I do plan to include cultivation as well as modelling __runway type stuff, but commented out or blank. For ease it won't allow unlimited parking runways. I'm thinking 4 parking places and 4 runways max.

• Excellent idea. Please don't forget to add the possibility of having several parking spots, the required (dummy) runway object file section, the cultivation section even if it's empty...

Cheers, Ed

The data will be held in a database rather than a static TSC file, so if IPACS change the recommended config it will be easy to tweak the output to redownload in the new format. GUI now built, just working on the database side.

• For ease it won't allow unlimited parking runways. I'm thinking 4 parking places and 4 runways max.

Wouldn't be possible to leave that number "open", selectable from a dropdown list?. That way the user would decide on the number of parking spots to define, as well as runways?.

Just asking ;)

Cheers, Ed

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | i7-5820k | 32GB RAM | 3xSSD Samsung 1TB | MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11GB | LG 29UC97C UW Curved | Oculus Rift VR | TM FCS HOTAS // Gaming Laptop ASUS ROG Strix Scar II GL704GW | Windows 10 Home | i7-8750H | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Nvidia RTX 2070 | TM FCS HOTAS

1. Does it need to know the runway elevation as long as autoheight is true? i.e. this line <[float64] [height] [14.00]>
    2. If I leave tower height 30 is that good enough for most situations? <[float64] [tower_height] [30.0]>
    3. What difference does this make? <[float64] [size] [5000]>
    4. What are the options/implications for these: <[string8] [appltsys1][rail]> and <[string8] [reil1][none]>

Hi Phil

1. Yes, you need the elevation even with autoheight. This elevation value is shown in the location and navigation menu of the airport.

2. I agree, it's an average value for many airports. And the only reason for setting the tower coordinate and height is the tower camera view.

3. This is the standard size defining the surrounding area of the airport even for cultivation. We have to increase this value for very extended cultivation data.

4. See my description in the wiki:

Runway lightings explained

Rodeo

• Wouldn't be possible to leave that number "open", selectable from a dropdown list?. That way the user would decide on the number of parking spots to define, as well as runways?.

Just asking ;)

Cheers, Ed

I am going this way for coding simplification. You just fill in as many as you need and the blank ones, if there any, are ignored. If there is pressure for more slots it won't be too hard to add more later.

Rodeo many thanks. That's just what i needed and very timely. I hope to offer this to some testers today.

• Awesome! Your ingenuity never fails to amaze me Phil!

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I've emailed you a link to beta test if you want.

• WOW, this sounds great and looks great Phil.

I look forward to using it one day to populate Australia with .TSC files

A big thanks in advance :-)

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• I just made about 8 airports in the course of 20 minutes. Works fantastic!

Andrew

I'm excited, this would make a nice Xmas present.

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Yes, just being able to generate a basic tsc file - enough to get the airport loaded into the NAV screen - should be sufficient for most cases. Adding additional parking spots requires nothing more than a copy and paste of a few lines and saving the file. Additional runways can be added in much the same manner.

Good work, Phil. It is nice to see you taking the lead and following through on these time saving programs.

Regards,

Ray

• Is there any news on this? I tried to create a TSC file manually but no luck :(

You can edit any existing TSC file and add or delete data - just be sure to save it with a new name at the location of your choice. Most of us use Notepad ++ for editing Aerofly FS 2 files. If you are creating airports to land and takeoff then I suggest you pick a TSC with a similar number of runways. This really is easy once you catch on to the layout and concept.

Regards,

Ray

• Is there any news on this? I tried to create a TSC file manually but no luck :(

Hi,

Progressing well. At this very moment i'm uploading 75,500 pregenerated runways of different lengths, widths and orientations to a server - oh, to explain, i decided to include airport models as an option with the TSC file. I just need to tidy a few things and i can make it public. 2-3 weeks perhaps.

Phil

• Hi,

Progressing well. At this very moment i'm uploading 75,500 pregenerated runways of different lengths, widths and orientations to a server - oh, to explain, i decided to include airport models as an option with the TSC file. I just need to tidy a few things and i can make it public. 2-3 weeks perhaps.

Phil

Holy Moly. 75,000 runways. Way to go Phil. :S:huh:8|:S

Regards,

Ray