Orbx Previews Eagle County

• I was wondering about the density altitude.

Afaik AFS2 doesn't 'support' density etc. right now? Afaik you can for instance fly the C172 at FL300 without problems: it performs just as well at sea level as at an airliner's cruising altitude.

• Afaik AFS2 doesn't 'support' density etc. right now? Afaik you can for instance fly the C172 at FL300 without problems: it performs just as well at sea level as at an airliner's cruising altitude.

Not sure that's been my experience. Flying around Denver in C172 I switched aircraft midflight as I couldn't make it over some of the mountains. Maybe I was doing something else wrong?

• Those 7 days Jarrad spent adding houses and buildings one by one pays off handsomely. Flying over some of the remote areas and seeing all those cabins and houses scattered all over the place makes a world of difference to me. Thanks Jarrad for going the extra mile.

You can see details so much further out in Aerofly FS 2. This is just another indication of the good coding.

EDIT. Not 7 days, 7 weeks of Jarrad placing those houses and buildings, one by one. 8|

• Hmmm. Maybe it is just my imagination that the takeoff runs are longer in Colorado than Florida, and the Lear's climb out performance is reduced.

Regards,

Ray

Not sure that's been my experience. Flying around Denver in C172 I switched aircraft midflight as I couldn't make it over some of the mountains. Maybe I was doing something else wrong?

I remember taking off from an airport in Colorada last weekend in my C172 and was surprised to see it was only at around 1.000 feet. Not until a few minutes later I realised I actually took of from around 10.00 feet. My C172 performed just as well as it did near the west coast of the US. If density etc. was actually simulated I should have noticed problems with performance. But I may be totally wrong (which has happened before 8) ) so I will check it out this evening. ;) (Or maybe someone from IPACS can enlighten us?)

• You can see details so much further out in Aerofly FS 2.

I suppose you aren't using VR then...? 8o Seriously, a detailed addon like this one should be flown in 2D and Vr as well: 2D to appreciate all the detail and VR, well, for the immersion. Even though all that detail will be reduced to pixels in VR things still will look a LOT better than without all those detail! ;)

• I suppose you aren't using VR then...? 8o Seriously, a detailed addon like this one should be flown in 2D and Vr as well: 2D to appreciate all the detail and VR, well, for the immersion. Even though all that detail will be reduced to pixels in VR things still will look a LOT better than without all those detail! ;)

True. I have two setups. I chose to download the new scenery on the triple monitor setup first this morning. I will be comparing the VR views a little later on today. :/

Regards,

Ray

• I suppose you aren't using VR then...? 8o Seriously, a detailed addon like this one should be flown in 2D and Vr as well: 2D to appreciate all the detail and VR, well, for the immersion. Even though all that detail will be reduced to pixels in VR things still will look a LOT better than without all those detail! ;)

The best thing is that when we eventually do get high resolution VR, we can enjoy all these sceneries again as if for the first time.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• True. I have two setups. I chose to download the new scenery on the triple monitor setup first this morning. I will be comparing the VR views a little later on today. :/

Regards,

Ray

The main reason I chose the 2D setup first is that my flight chair for the VR rig is upside down in the middle of the room waiting for me to drill the mounting holes in prep for the buttkicker type transducer installation as soon as I get the titanium drill bits and bolts. Everything comes from Amazon these days. :)

Regards,

Ray

• It's a complete fantasy and will never happen, but how cool would it be to take a plane from one sim and fly it in another? I'd love to take my DCS Huey or my Dreamfoil Bell 407 round the FS2/OrbX areas. We can dream for free.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Did my first two flights around KEGE this evening and it's a great addon! And concerning the size... My first flight (in the C172) took 30 minutes and I didn't pass a single part of the scenery twice. (Well, I didn't fly in a straight line, of course.) And I haven't seen everything yet! So yes, it's pretty big LOL

BTW I like that ranch airstrip! That'll be my home in this region! You have a great view from it out over the valley (really wide and open in VR! Talking about immersion!). It's nice having three landing options in one addon!

I haven't flown in 2D yet because the feeling of being there is just too nice. Great piece of work!

• I'm going on strike!! Gonna be sitting in the middle of KEGE runway with 747 until we have a chopper in AI'll

I'm going on strike!! Gonna be sitting in the middle of KEGE runway with 747 until we have a chopper in AFS2 :evil:

And I'll park an Airbus right behind you;-) The need for a chopper in Aerofly FS2 - any chopper, is now pressing and urgent! The ONLY reason I still occasionally return to to X-plane and P3D is for rotary wing flying. The stuff that is ready for exploration in Aerofly is stunning. C'mon developers - port across a 406 from X-plane, or a Robbie from P3D. Anything will do - and we'll pay top dollars for it as well!!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column