Orbx Previews Eagle County

• And I'll park an Airbus right behind you;-) The need for a chopper in Aerofly FS2 - any chopper, is now pressing and urgent! The ONLY reason I still occasionally return to to X-plane and P3D is for rotary wing flying. The stuff that is ready for exploration in Aerofly is stunning. C'mon developers - port across a 406 from X-plane, or a Robbie from P3D. Anything will do - and we'll pay top dollars for it as well!!

Is it even possible to port one simply from other sims instead of building from the ground up?

• Is it even possible to port one simply from other sims instead of building from the ground up?

No idea, as I'm not even remotely qualified to answer;) Just hoping there's some Skunkworks rotary wing AFS2 projects going on:/:thumbup:

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• It's a complete fantasy and will never happen, but how cool would it be to take a plane from one sim and fly it in another? I'd love to take my DCS Huey or my Dreamfoil Bell 407 round the FS2/OrbX areas. We can dream for free.

Get out of my dreams dude! LOL^^.

Seriously, I was thinking the exact same thing before reading your post. I'm currently trying to enjoy my Dreamfoil 407 in VR (XP beta), but it sucks to have turn down the graphics details (texture, objects, etc) just to get decent, smooth performance! Heck I'm running an i7-7700k at 5ghz with an EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3, for crying out loud!!!:huh:

Ozav8r wrote:

And I'll park an Airbus right behind you;-) The need for a chopper in Aerofly FS2 - any chopper, is now pressing and urgent! The ONLY reason I still occasionally return to to X-plane and P3D is for rotary wing flying. The stuff that is ready for exploration in Aerofly is stunning. C'mon developers - port across a 406 from X-plane, or a Robbie from P3D. Anything will do - and we'll pay top dollars for it as well!!

Same here, Helos and AI traffic (WT3) in XP11.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (January 25, 2018 at 5:03 AM).

• Did my first two flights around KEGE this evening and it's a great addon! And concerning the size... My first flight (in the C172) took 30 minutes and I didn't pass a single part of the scenery twice. (Well, I didn't fly in a straight line, of course.) And I haven't seen everything yet! So yes, it's pretty big LOL

BTW I like that ranch airstrip! That'll be my home in this region! You have a great view from it out over the valley (really wide and open in VR! Talking about immersion!). It's nice having three landing options in one addon!

I haven't flown in 2D yet because the feeling of being there is just too nice. Great piece of work!

Thanks for the pirep. It will be a few days before I have the time to get it and marvel over all the beauty in VR. But what I think I'll do first, is make one last flight between KEGE and KASE in the default scenery.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• Is it even possible to port one simply from other sims instead of building from the ground up?

No. At least not simply. So far I know of one developer who tried to port his planes to AFS2 but he gave up on it, at least for now. It was too complicated and too different. I think that in the end only the 3D model can be used: everything else works different in AFS2. A developer doesn't have to build it from the ground up but it comes close...

• No. At least not simply. So far I know of one developer who tried to port his planes to AFS2 but he gave up on it, at least for now. It was too complicated and too different. I think that in the end only the 3D model can be used: everything else works different in AFS2. A developer doesn't have to build it from the ground up but it comes close...

Sad to hear about this. Looks like a helicopter is still quite a long way ahead.

• Sad to hear about this. Looks like a helicopter is still quite a long way ahead.

IPACS have helicopters in the RC sim they do, so there is some base for helicopter physics there already. I'm sure they'll get round to it in due course.

Thanks for the pirep. It will be a few days before I have the time to get it and marvel over all the beauty in VR. But what I think I'll do first, is make one last flight between KEGE and KASE in the default scenery.

Absolutely this: it really helps to appreciate the work when you do a default flight first, then you install the new stuff and it makes it all the better.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• I'm sure I recall hints about inbound choppers (theme to MASH runs through my head) sometime early December. I think IPACS know the demand and are cracking on with them.

• Actually, one of the founders stated they had a helicopter more than a year ago. The exact words escape me, but it was something about not being pleased with the physics and needing further testing. He may have said it was a Robinson, but I could have just thought that from the exchange.

I personally would not be surprised if the first one is a 407. :rolleyes::/8) But, I would gladly take any rotary wing, to get those airlines off the runway at Eagle County.

Regards,

Ray