XP11 VR controls are great, but...

• ...it just can't come close to the awesome performance of AF in VR.

The controls are wonderful though, so I hope this is something in time IPACS can achieve in time. Using every switch and dial is very precise, I even managed a nice 172 landing using the virtual yoke. Though of course you can use real world yoke etc and just use VR controller to manipulate everything else.

I was impressed, but had to have the thing looking pretty dire, and of course no supersampling.

IPACS can rest assured they will retain the flight sim VR crown for the long foreseeable future, but I hope they appreciate and take note of what Laminar has done with their VR control scheme.

• I hope with a flexible gloove for a switch ...not more ...i need the option to use my hard-ware rig as now PLEASE, i dont want have my hands in the air ...i need to feel my real stick / yoke/ thrustbar ....

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• VR Hands using Oculus Touch are coming to Aerofly soon.

Ah, what about VIVE users, anything for us?

I hope with a flexible gloove for a switch ...not more ...i need the option to use my hard-ware rig as now PLEASE, i dont want have my hands in the air ...i need to feel my real stick / yoke/ thrustbar ....

A glove would be perfect, but maybe a long way off?

A least with controllers can use yoke and throttles and have controller somewhere u can grab easy, on top of the yoke base of just on your lap.

• Due to the ability of the Oculus Touch gesture control system this will be first. We will then look at the Vive controllers and improve what's already available.

It's coning along very nicely.

I'll provide a better preview soon, but I can tell you that it will make very good use of both the buttons and analog sticks as well as gesture control.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Due to the ability of the Oculus Touch gesture control system this will be first. We will then look at the Vive controllers and improve what's already available.

It's coning along very nicely.

I'll provide a better preview soon, but I can tell you that it will make very good use of both the buttons and analog sticks as well as gesture control.

I just hope the mouse input won't get disabled, i'm flying with a DK2 and it's awesome.

• VR Hands using Oculus Touch are coming to Aerofly soon.

Does this this include animation of the pilot figure arms to match VR hand position?

I like to fly with the pilot figure shown inside the cockpit for better immersion.

While you are thinking about VR "body issues".

What about coordination of pilot head position with the headset position?

I am constantly adjusting POV slightly to avoid looking through the back side of Thomas's eyebrows.

Just thinking ahead :*.

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• You will see the hands to replicate your own but there will be nothing linked to a pilot model. The motion control feature will be solely for operating and controlling the aircraft.

Though I never tested it i'm sure that whatever solution you currently have will work with this except there will be no arms connected to the hands.

Maybe in a future update down the road though....

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• hope ...hope ... when when :) :) :) i want to switch gear or flaps ...and after this , with both handy on yoke PLEASE :) :)

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• hope ...hope ... when when :) :) :) i want to switch gear or flaps ...and after this , with both handy on yoke PLEASE :) :)

Absolutely - me too, but as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day", and I think Aerofly FS2 is worthy of such an auspicious classical reference.

• You will see the hands to replicate your own but there will be nothing linked to a pilot model. The motion control feature will be solely for operating and controlling the aircraft.

Though I never tested it i'm sure that whatever solution you currently have will work with this except there will be no arms connected to the hands.

Maybe in a future update down the road though....

Will the motion control be implemented like in X-Plane, with actual gestures that fit the control that's being manipulated (e.g. turning your wrist to turn a knob, using your finger to flick a switch, etc.)?

I *love* using Aerofly with my Rift. The VR controller implementation in X-Plane is the best I've ever seen, even better than FlyInside, so a combination of both would be a dream come true. It really feels like you're touching the cockpit and their concept of controlling the plane also works incredibly well. If you're doing VR controls, there's absolutely no harm in getting inspired by X-Plane's implementation.

I'm looking forward for a first preview, really exciting stuff!

• But its important, to use it with gloves, because we have no hands free for oculus hardware controller , both hands are on pitch and stick / yoke.

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• But its important, to use it with gloves, because we have no hands free for oculus hardware controller , both hands are on pitch and stick / yoke.

This is being worked on for the Oculus Touch motion controllers currently. It's being designed to be able to use only the motion controllers to fully operate the aircraft, if users choose to do that. We are also looking at including other devices such as Vive controllers as well, and how this system interacts with using other controllers along with it.

Regards,

Jeff

• The short answer here is yes.

We will provide more information on this shortly.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome. I can't wait!

But its important, to use it with gloves, because we have no hands free for oculus hardware controller , both hands are on pitch and stick / yoke.

Well, I don't know if you've tried the X-Plane 11.20 implementation, but it works really well. Sure, I like using my yoke, but the touch controls for the control surfaces work so well that I only use my touch controllers in X-Plane and don't use my physical yoke at all.

• Oh wow, that sounds awesome. I can't wait!

Well, I don't know if you've tried the X-Plane 11.20 implementation, but it works really well. Sure, I like using my yoke, but the touch controls for the control surfaces work so well that I only use my touch controllers in X-Plane and don't use my physical yoke at all.

I'm surprise to read you liked it. I personally hated the virtual yoke control. I prefer to grab the joystick and eventually, use the right hand to use the touch controller to activate switches. But that's it.

• There's actually a very high demand of users that want to only use the Oculus Touch controllers to fly. So it's really just a preference. If I were to personally provide my opinion, I would say that since the very first flight simulators came out I've always had a dream to one day fly in a flight simulator with only my hands and no physical controller. The feeling of doing this all in VR is simply amazing. To me, it's as realistic as you can get. And that's coming from a real-world pilot of over 17 years.

But, like I said, it's just my independent opinion and feeling.

Regards,

Jeff

• I have a wait and see attitude. I should start flying with my new Rift this weekend and should have time to gain a little goggle time prior to the arrival of the 'new IPACS hands'. Actually sounds like a dream come true to me.

Regards,

Ray