Question regarding audio roadmap

• I've just been having a nice time flying around Monterey Bay in the Bucky Biplane, and started to wonder a bit about the sound design. Currently there is little or no extra sound generated by landing such as squeaks and rattles, and it feels quite noticeable. We don't really have much of an audio tab in the settings currently either.

So my question was about how the devs see the sound design growing in the future, might there be extra layers of sound still to come both from the aircraft and the environment? Where is audio on the current list of priorities? Sound design in games is one of the most underrated areas I think, but can make as much difference as the physics and graphics when it is done well.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• The sounds and probably the sound engine will be changed in the future. I don't know how his this is on the priority list but I'm also a huge fan of good audio. Especially changing the sound engine will require a bit of time from our core developers which have a lot of other great stuff on their lists right now, ATC being one of them.

Regards,

Jan

• I've just been having a nice time flying around Monterey Bay in the Bucky Biplane, and started to wonder a bit about the sound design. Currently there is little or no extra sound generated by landing such as squeaks and rattles, and it feels quite noticeable. We don't really have much of an audio tab in the settings currently either.

So my question was about how the devs see the sound design growing in the future, might there be extra layers of sound still to come both from the aircraft and the environment? Where is audio on the current list of priorities? Sound design in games is one of the most underrated areas I think, but can make as much difference as the physics and graphics when it is done well.

I agree completely. Its a huge element of immersion and NVIDIA and others are doing loads of work on techniques for realistic immersive audio.