DVD installation problem

• Cleaning the disk doesn't help?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• We will be setting this up to provide updates soon for all users that purchased the DVD version.

Currently this is a different version than that of the Steam download version.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• No information in the store (Aerofly and Aerosoft), that the DVD Version is limited and that VR is not possible. Lost time to bring steam to download free DLC's. Poor behaviour!!!! Aerosoft says: "Its a technical problem of Aerofly......"

• No information in the store (Aerofly and Aerosoft), that the DVD Version is limited and that VR is not possible. Lost time to bring steam to download free DLC's. Poor behaviour!!!! Aerosoft says: "Its a technical problem of Aerofly......"

VR is fully available in the DVD version. If you are having difficulty with getting it to run you need to inquire about it and you will be helped. Also, as I said, we are working out the issues with updating the DVD version and we asked everyone to please be a little patient here.

Ultimately, there is very little difference between the DVD version and the Steam version with the exception of the DLC's, which we are working out now.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• And this is a problem of every hardware- constellation / DVD version ?

What is changing on DVD version ? Why is it another version ?

( i have steam, since beginning) :)

EDIT: Jeff was faster :) :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• We fully tested the DVD version prior to it going to print and VR is working just fine. There is no difference with the DVD version other than the DVD version hasn't received updates since it's release. We will be providing a solution to this very soon but the DVD version is a full and stable release.

Regards,

Jeff

• Sorry,

but even the Wiki is not conform with my start screen of Aerofly FS2.

The DVD installation was running without any problems: there is no opportunity to switch to VR ( in my case oculus rift); I had contacted Aerosoft and Aerofly too concerning the free updates. Response from Aerosoft within 1 hour: please contact Aerofly, it's a technical problem by Aerofly... ; from Aerofly still outstanding...., but reading the posts above, I have to wait...

I'm wondering , why is no information on the home page of Aerofly concerning the updates and differencies to the DVD-version?

Unfortunately, I spent a lot of hours to find out it.

And: It seems, that VR is not avialable on the DVD Version from Aerosoft. May be I'm wrong....

Edited once, last by rgd (January 6, 2018 at 6:06 PM).

• To enable VR on the DVD version you need to add the -othervr parameter to the shortcut of Aerofly FS 2.

There should be a dedicated start option for you to select though.

BTW, Aerofly is the name of this flight simulator and not our company name. We are IPACS.

Regards,

Jeff

• I'm wondering, why this information is not included, wether in the wiki nor in the manual.

I started now with (admin rights):

aerofly_fs_2.exe -lang=de -othervr

NOTHING

aerofly_fs_2.exe -lang=de -vr

NOTHING

Nothing = VR not available

Edited 2 times, last by rgd (January 6, 2018 at 8:08 PM).

• Please post your TM log so that we could take a look.

The TM log is located in your documents\Aerofly FS 2 folder

Technically, you don't need to use the special parameter to get VR. We added an entry in the windows program group for VR users. I gave you that option assuming that you used the entry In the program group already.

Also you don't need to run Aerofly in admin mode. There is no real benefit for it at all.

Regards,

Jeff

• I will do it.

But once again: why is this information not part of the DVD manual (Aerosoft) or of the Online-Wiki?

Concerning admin-rights, usually I'm using only P3D.....and admin rights are not disturbing in any way....

• After installation, you have 3 start options for Aerofly from within the Aerofly FS 2 program group that is accessible from the Windows start menu.

One of this start options is 'Run In Oculus VR Mode', so this should be self explanatory.

Again, using Admin right is not necessary and might introduce issues, we strongly advice against doing it.

We will soon update the Wiki with DVD specific things.

• Technically, you don't need to use the special parameter to get VR. We added an entry in the windows program group for VR users. I gave you that option assuming that you used the entry In the program group already.

As written above with your special parameter it didn't work. Starting from the windows program group it works.

So, have to correct my statement above: VR works in the DVD version too. The access to free upgrades/extensions remains open.