• I'm not too sure what you mean here?

The buildings refract and reflect the ambient lighting of the time of day, and properly in my opinion.

If you are referring to buildings that you are making yourself, simply stay away from solid white textures.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Buildings in VR tend to look un-naturally bright causing them to look a bit cartoon-ish , out of place and stand out like a dogs what nots. I refer to cultivation buildings. I know my airport buildings look a little bright also but those I can adjust if needed

Is there any way to tone them down

• Unfortunately there is no way to change this.

I don't really see this. In fact it looks realistic when the sun is shining on them, especially in VR.

Is your building density set to ultra?

Also, make sure that you have the latest GPU drivers installed.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi gents,

I will pitch in here. I agree with both of you... given certain conditions.

The buildings are a little bright, however this generally works in the default scenery, especially in the arid Western states of the USA. In these states, the textures on the ground are also bright (most likely emulating very bright sunshine), and thus there is harmonious visual blending as a result.

However, the same building textures, when set against geoconverted scenery tiles, can look garish and out of place. Take the bright buildings, and place them atop dull ground textures, and indeed the buildings do stick out like a sore thumb, especially if the GIS data for cultivation has not added many local trees to hide them.

One solution might be to considerably lighten the tone of geoconverted ground textures, but another would be for IPACS to produce an alternate set of building textures. I am interested to see what ORBX will do with the Netherlands, whether they will create their own building textures, or go with the default. From the screenshots of their upcoming product, I suspect they are doing their own. I also suspect they are lightening the ground textures somewhat.

And, let's face it, personal taste comes in too. What looks good to one person might not look good to another. While people from the sun-drenched west coast of the USA might be used to brilliantly-lit buildings as their daily reality, that's not something yer typical Brit is used to. When I moved from the UK to Canada, I was blown away by the difference in the amount of sunshine I experienced. We bring these reality-formulated perceptions with us into the simulated world.

- Regards

Kenneth

• PBR on buildings eventually? (Well, PBR in general, hopefully)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I'm just providing you with facts here so that our users don't spend hours trying to figure something out that can't be changed right now.

If users had the texture maps of the cultivation would that help?

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes Jeff I believe so, that way we could experiment to produce a set of toned down images for the UK for example. If necessary we could either share off line if thats how your team would want it or post them on the forum. I understand the problems with having multiple sets on the forum so any solution would be fine, perhaps we could also remove a few light lights from the windows too as every house/building seems to have an endless supply of cheap electricity...if only

Thanks...Steve

• Steve..

Why Canada? I married a Canadian lass back in 1985. She came to Scotland for four years (Inverness), and then I got a job in the Greater Toronto Area. Live on the Saskatchewan prairies now. I love Canada, but "tolerate" the endless prairies. I do Intend to move further West to the mountains or coast at some time, or might return to Ontario! To add to this geographical diversity, I was born in Northamptonshire. So, I tell people... I am Scottish by race, English by birth, and Canadian by choice. I first bought MSFS when I came to Canada... Incredibly, I have been flightsimming for 30 years!

- Kenneth

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (January 1, 2018 at 12:33 AM).

• Yes Jeff I believe so, that way we could experiment to produce a set of toned down images for the UK for example. If necessary we could either share off line if thats how your team would want it or post them on the forum. I understand the problems with having multiple sets on the forum so any solution would be fine, perhaps we could also remove a few light lights from the windows too as every house/building seems to have an endless supply of cheap electricity...if only

Thanks...Steve

Actually, I had to check before posting the texture maps again. They are already available to everyone. They are in the cultivation folder of the Airport Design Package

You can change the textures by using Gimp or Photoshop, then you just convert the package. The result will be the folder used for cultivation in your project.

Regards,

Jeff

• I would just beware of proliferation, however.

Already as there is, there seem to be signs of different color schemes in the lights, etc of certain sceneries, and I'm worried there might eventually be a hodgepodge of various lighting and etc all throughout the sim, based on the preferences of the various creators.....

The lighting in Colorado for instance has little to do it seems with the lighting in monterey, which looks to my eye at least different than the lighting in Innsbruck.....

And The Florida keys are a whole thing yet again, with additional lights not seen in other sceneries yet.....

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I would just beware of proliferation, however.

Already as there is, there seem to be signs of different color schemes in the lights, etc of certain sceneries, and I'm worried there might eventually be a hodgepodge of various lighting and etc all throughout the sim, based on the preferences of the various creators.....

The lighting in Colorado for instance has little to do it seems with the lighting in monterey, which looks to my eye at least different than the lighting in Innsbruck.....

And The Florida keys are a whole thing yet again, with additional lights not seen in other sceneries yet.....

The lights, their colors, and their intensity can all be adjusted to suit what you want out of a scenery very easily already. The TOC files used in your package shows each and every light, building, and tree. They can all be edited prior to or even after they are built. I'm just about finished with a script that will allow you to edit the TOC files and change variables as a group and not one by one, I'll publish it shortly. But, you can define all of this prior to the TOC being built.

Regards,

Jeff

• The lights, their colors, and their intensity can all be adjusted to suit what you want out of a scenery very easily already. The TOC files used in your package shows each and every light, building, and tree. They can all be edited prior to or even after they are built. I'm just about finished with a script that will allow you to edit the TOC files and change variables as a group and not one by one, I'll publish it shortly. But, you can define all of this prior to the TOC being built.

I just hope Ipacs creates a basic standard then lets everyone run off in their own directions....

Devons rig

• Actually, I had to check before posting the texture maps again. They are already available to everyone. They are in the cultivation folder of the Airport Design Package

You can change the textures by using Gimp or Photoshop, then you just convert the package. The result will be the folder used for cultivation in your project.

Small clarification please. In the building_textures folder within kdwh there are 74 ttx texture files but in the cultivation folder there are only 24 bmp texture files. Are all the ttx somehow generated from just these 24 bmp files? cheers, d.

• I just hope Ipacs creates a basic standard then lets everyone run off in their own directions....

We already have a 'standard' group, it would still be better for users to create their own textures that fit what they are working on better. There will always be something different that one wants that we can't provide.

Regards,

Jeff