• Somehow my main executable got corrupted and the game won't start normally.

Renaming or deleting the file and next verifying integrity in Steam won't work.

I am apparently left with either replacing it with a healthy copy or re-installing the lot....

Windows 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GH o/c @3.7GHz; 10,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 482MHz; ASUS SABERTOOTH X58; GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 232GB Samsung Portable SSD T3.

• As I wrote "verifying integrity in Steam won't work".

It says:

Validating Steam files - 100% complete

All successfully validated Close

... and the executable is not even there to begin with nor afterwards for that matter.

Should we possibly look for a way to get a message "Validating Aerofly FS2 files..."?

Your guidance is appreciated.

AVH

Windows 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GH o/c @3.7GHz; 10,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 482MHz; ASUS SABERTOOTH X58; GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; 232GB Samsung Portable SSD T3.

• It works! It finally works!!

More particularly the integrity check system did its job as designed, including giving out right from the start a conclusive clean bill of health where its recovery process had yet to start and was going to need more than half an hour to conclude with succes.

I did not realise that the missing executable had to be delivered through the update system, which takes an awful lot of time as we all experience.

So mr/ms admin you were right, I was wrong and reminded to not take every message for granted.

By the way, larrylynx, my copy is LEGAL. Not so sure of my ATPL tough...

Thanks everybody and best wishes.

AVH