• Hi Pawel,

please refer to the airport design package in the download area.

In the folder \cultivation\building_textures you can see the BMPs, which show the day and night textures.

See this example below:

For lights you may open the .TOC file with an text editor and see these entries:

Code
    <[list_light][light_list][]            
                <[light][element][0]
                      <[vector3_float64][position][-95.555957 30.066974 4]>
                      <[vector3_float32][color][0.9 0.1 0.1]>
                      <[float32][intensity][99]>
                      <[vector4_float32][flashing][1 0 1 0]>
                      <[uint32][group_index][0]>
                >

You can define the position, the color, the height above ground and the kind of flashing/not flashing.

The description is included in the _AeroflyFS2_kdwh_cultivation.pdf.

Rodeo

• Hi Rodeo.

Thanks for the lights explanation.

About night textures - it is misunderstanding I think. I know how to create night textures itself. I just don't know how to make the objects I create use the night textures in Aerofly. For FSX you can open your model in ModelConverterX and add night teksture to the model. But ufortunately you cant save AC3D models with night tekstures added.

Regards

Pawel

• Hi Rodeo.

Thanks for the lights explanation.

About night textures - it is misunderstanding I think. I know how to create night textures itself. I just don't know how to make the objects I create use the night textures in Aerofly. For FSX you can open your model in ModelConverterX and add night teksture to the model. But ufortunately you cant save AC3D models with night tekstures added.

Regards

Pawel

The easiest thing to do is take your texture maps that you used for your objects (they are files with _color) and open them in Gimp. Anything that you don't want to glow at night cover black, anything that you want to light at night keep on the map or place a different texture over it (exactly over the original). Then export that same map file name but change _color to _light and add that new file to your project folder to convert.

When finished you should have two map files for your object, one with _color and one with _light

I hope that I explained that good enough for you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Are the map file dimensions to the 2nd degree? Meaning are they 1024x1024 or 2048x2048. The format should be .jpg

So, what you should have are two files for the object you want to light at night. One as xx_color (jpg) and the other xx_light (jpg)

Without using Gimp (or Photoshop) you can actually test this by just making a copy of your XX_color file and renaming it to XX_light.

That's all that you really have to do for this to work. Make sure that you are exporting your file properly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Glad to hear.

Hi Jeff.

Next thing: if I put _light textures in my scenery folder looks like objects use it during day also. If I remove _light textures everything go back to normal (see picture attached). What I doing wrong?

Rodeo thanks for light tip. EPLK have street lamps now.

Another question about light. It is easy merge light with lamp object by add lamp object manualy with same coordinates but there is any easy way to merge light with building wall lamps? Or only trial and error method?

Regards

Pawel

Edited once, last by zirael (January 9, 2018 at 10:49 PM).