Snow Day-It’s Time For Aerofly 2

• I’ve only been flying AF2 for about 8 months; but man, it’s the best VR experience—hands down! Old FSX fan and short time user of P3D, but I spent more time tweaking, figuring out scenery/add on compatability issues, and worrying about upgrading computer hardware.

I switched to the Oculus about 8 months ago and plan on never going back to monitor views. Even after switching to XP11 on release, I still migrate back to AF2. Recently tried XP11.2B and spent about an hour and I was done. It’s just not there and cannot compare to AF2 VR experience.

I just wanted to say hello (new to forum) and thank the IPACS team for making this simulator a dream come true. I love flying airliners; however, I have found a new passion just flying the Cessna and Baron in VFR. As most of you know, if you haven’t tried AF2 in VR, you don’t know what you are missing.

I recently upgraded my old computer to the new 8th Gen i7 processor and 1080 GPU and this platform screams!

I anxiously await progress on ATC and some sort of AI and ground operations in the future. And my aircraft wishlist—the MD80 or variant of DC-9. But I have the 737 and Airbus to keep me content for a long while.

My biggest wish is for AF2 to keep what they are doing right. Great engine, features, planes, scenery, performance, and ease of use. It’s so much more fun to fire it up and fly without load time and performance issues.

Nor’easter is here in Boston, so you know what that means—time to fire up AF2 and roll out of Monterey on a warm sunny day. Thanks, IPACS!

-Warrant Officer Dan:P

• Hi Dan and welcome to our forum.

Thank you for the very kind words, it's very motivating.

Everyone here at IPACS is grateful to see posts like this from time to time. It shows us that it's worth the effort.

Yes, ATC is being worked on but I can't tell you when it will be ready for prime time. But have no worries, it will be coming.

There are also many other cool new features coming your way in the near future.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Dan and welcome to our forum.

Thank you for the very kind words, it's very motivating.

Everyone here at IPACS is grateful to see posts like this from time to time. It shows us that it's worth the effort.

Yes, ATC is being worked on but I can't tell you when it will be ready for prime time. But have no worries, it will be coming.

There are also many other cool new features coming your way in the near future.

Take your time; I am confident you guys will make it great. You know flight simmers; they want everything yesterday and at huge FPS! Keep it coming, I am loving every bit of progress. Thanks for responding.

• I'm sitting here in the snow storm/blizzard waiting for my power to go out. In the meantime I too will fly around in the best VR experience available in flight simming. I think I will fly someplace warm!

No jinxing! LOL! Worried about power too, but I’d be more upset about not being able to fly today rather than the loss of heat. Of course the wife would disagree.

• I agree FS2 VR is the best out on the market, just tried the XP11 VR that just came out and its not even flyable, FS2 has a huge market just waiting the major item that people want is advanced aircraft systems like fmc navigation I'm not only a real world pilot but also spent a lot of time within the flight simulator world I started my computer flying with Bruce Artwick SubLOGIC FS1 and flew every simulator since and FS2 has a huge edge with the VR world I never knew it would advance this far check this video out this is where it really began (

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    )

• Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• So, you stay inside until August? You aren't too far away from me so i'm sure you are frozen and wilted from lack of sun :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• August sounds lovely. (nods)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I agree FS2 VR is the best out on the market, just tried the XP11 VR that just came out and its not even flyable, FS2 has a huge market just waiting the major item that people want is advanced aircraft systems like fmc navigation I'm not only a real world pilot but also spent a lot of time within the flight simulator world I started my computer flying with Bruce Artwick SubLOGIC FS1 and flew every simulator since and FS2 has a huge edge with the VR world I never knew it would advance this far check this video out this is where it really began.

I worked a paper route so I could save up the money for an Apple ][. I still have the floppy for SubLOGIC's flight sim. I also still have the floppy for the first Microsoft Flight Simulator when they bought out SubLOGIC. That video brings back a whole lot of memories. It's kind of like the radio serials my parents and grandparents would tell us about - you had to use your imagination to extend what you were given. Many hours spent keyboard flying and listening to that infernal buzzing that was to simulate the engine. So long ago.

Imagination or no, I'll take the best possible VR any day over those old sims. Things are just so unbelievable now and only going to be getting better.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, 2 dof Motion, Valve Index

• I worked a paper route so I could save up the money for an Apple ][. I still have the floppy for SubLOGIC's flight sim. I also still have the floppy for the first Microsoft Flight Simulator when they bought out SubLOGIC. That video brings back a whole lot of memories. It's kind of like the radio serials my parents and grandparents would tell us about - you had to use your imagination to extend what you were given. Many hours spent keyboard flying and listening to that infernal buzzing that was to simulate the engine. So long ago.

Imagination or no, I'll take the best possible VR any day over those old sims. Things are just so unbelievable now and only going to be getting better.

What's a SubLogic? and who the heck is Bruce Artwick?

Come on boeingcorp and Zed, you guys trying to make me feel old or something??? ^^

Remember the days of big binders with instructions, charts, approach plates, etc.

I was a teen when I bought this. I no longer have the floppy disk, but the rest is in great shape.

For flight sims, VR is the best thing since sliced bread!

Images

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (January 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM).

• That name rings a bell.... So, if you were on Compuserve, do you remember Visually Incredible Panels?... They were among the early addons for the MSFS franchise. If my memory serves me, the year was 1994. When the internet grew beyond Compuserve, the Visually Incredible Panels business expanded into The VIP Group. Then PC Aviator and Just Flight took the products on, and over the next seven years it resulted in what you see below for FS95, FS98 and FS2000. I wonder if any of the old-timers on this forum remember them, and used them? I was the man behind this. Ah, halcyon days indeed (sigh).... - Kenneth

• Rick Lee was the moderator of the CompuServe flight sim forum. That forum was a place that the tech editors from the various PC magazines would hang out, because members always had the latest and greatest computers. Rick was the very well respected boss of the place. I think he is a professional photographer now, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure that I had any of those products. Back then I was almost solely interested in single engine GA aircraft. I rarely flew anything big.