Axalp Fliegerschiessen video with Aerofly FS2

• Hi guys !

With the precious help from KJKSimmer (Kenneth), who has written the .tsc for the Axalp Range Tower (near Meiringen), I can present you in a simple video the 6 attacks approachs, trained many times per year by the Swiss Air Force pilots, firing their guns against ground targets. In fact, I was 7 times by feet up this Axalp mountain, and my idea was to enjoy the public point of view of these 6 attacks, in Aerofly FS2, like for real.

In fact, you will see :

1. the initial approach (without firing), flying over the range.

2. the north attack (head. south), with a John Derry's turn heading right behind the mountain : target 1 situated in the rock wall facing north.

3. The first west attack, exiting with a right turn behind the mountain . Target 2 facing west, above the visible hut.

4. The south attack, exiting upside down in the valley. Target 3 facing south, just below the upsidedown zone.

5. The north/west attack, exiting with a close upside down over the mountain. Target 1

6. The south/west attack, exiting upside down in the valley . Target 3.

7. The second west attack, exiting down between two mountain in a narrow valley. Target 2.

8. The third west attack, exactly like the 7. Target 2.

Note that the sequences are like they are flown by swiss army pilots. You can find on youtube some very nice video (Axalp 2017 or Axalp 2016...). the place is equipped with 3 groups of targets : one facing north, the second facing west, the third facing south.... it would be great if someone could make a little scenery of this range.

Ideally, the speed is between 420 to 480 knots.

As I'm not a video editor, I just replayed my flight in the cockpit, and recorded mainly in Axalp tower view ( which is exact), or in chasing view. And I put simply real Axalp shooting noise background...not synchronised, sorry. Unfortunatelly, I don't have any video editor, and I was unable to delete some visual bug (especially in chasing view), sorry...

A big thank you to KJKSimmer (Kenneth), who has written the .tsc file, once again.

Sorry for my english. Here is the video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 6 times, last by HerveF (January 5, 2018 at 3:41 PM).

• salut Hervé, very nice video, it really feels like Axalp shooting sessions.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Some of those flyby shots look most realistic... funnily the ones where you CAN'T see the plane especially so!

Anyone who has shot airshow video knows you often lose the plane , and then somehow find it again (hopefully) in time for the next manoeuvre.

Great effort, nice to see the community helping one another. :thumbup:

• thank you for the feedback ! If some of you are interested to try to fly this challenging "turn and shoot" Axalp shooting range, I've done a video from the Meiringen take-off, with all the different attack angles, from cockpit view, to help you as a guide, until the landing back in Meiringen. So you can easily find the path, and try to fly these turns between 420 - 480 knots . Have fun !

Here is the video, complete, but once again with this silly "ambiance" sound from real Axalp 2017 audio background :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.