Skydemon problem: display wrong track

• I fly Aerofly FS2 with Skydemon. Thank you, that FS2 supports that.

I have detected that Skydemon displays a different track value depending of the location (see the pictures). For instance, the difference in Zurich is +1, that's okay, but in New York it is -15 and in Monterey +14. In the middle of the US west and east coast the difference is almost 0.

The location and heading of the displayed aircraft is always correct. Wrong is the displayed track of the left bar and of the HSI.

I don't know if it is a problem of FS2 or Skydemon. I haven't install X-Plane, so I couldn't compare.

My versions are: FS2 2.0.7.39 (20171219); Skydemon 3.9.0.0 on Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro.

The difference of some locations:

Monterey 14

Denver 9

Brazil -7

New York City -15

Islands west of Portugal -11

Portugal -3

London -3

Zurich +1

Berlin +2

It seems there is a location in US and a second location in Switzerland where the difference is zero. The bigger the distance to it, the bigger the difference. The difference is negative to the west and positive to the east.

I hope you will find the problem. Thank you.

• I'm aware about the deviation of the magnetic and true north, but I didn't expect that Skydemon shows the true track. May be later I will learn why this make sense. ;):)

By default Skydemon shows the true track, but allows to configure to display the magnetic track. With this the difference of the track to FS2 is 0 - 1 degree only. It works right.:thumbup:

Thank you for your hint.