Changing the default location of User Content files

• Hi:

By default, the user content files are located in the %Documents%\Aerofly FS 2 folder. If one wants to place such folder in another location (out of the Documents folder), what's the best way of doing it without messing the AFS2 overall installation?.

Thanks, Ed

• Keep us posted on how you get on with this Ed. I am wanting to move all my geoconverted stuff out of the C drive too.

- Kenneth

Kenneth go into Documents, Aerofly FS 2, open main.mcf Find this Line: <[string8] [extra_user_folder] [g:/Aerofly Scenery]>

Change the drive letter to drive you want the scenery on, add Aerofly Scenery folder to the drive. Transfer your scenery over to the new drive.

I can’t remember if I had to add the line.

Todd

• Keep us posted on how you get on with this Ed. I am wanting to move all my geoconverted stuff out of the C drive too.

- Kenneth

Kenneth, I'm just preparing everything to move my scenery and aircraft repaints from C: (Documents folder) to my SSD drive with more room for the growing GB's, in the following days, not just now. Only wanted to know more in advance, but I think all is explained in the thread mentioned by Raspou, a big long but I think the clarifications are already there.

Cheers, Ed

- Kenneth

Kenneth,

It works well, I have used a different drive for my scenery since day dot.

Make sure you back up your .mcf files before doing any updates.

Cheers,

Paul

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Gentlemen,

Thank you. Yes it works. I have now ported 55GB worth of image and places files onto a portable 2TB drive. When I get the new computer, it will be easy to reference this addon material. I just wish I could do the same with the entire AFS2 program instead of re-downloading it from Steam when the time comes.

- Kenneth

• Hi Kenneth

You can move applications within the Steam environment. In the Steam app under Steam > Settings > Downloads

At the top of the page is Steam library Folders. You can add new folders on alternate drives.

Then right mouse on the the Aerofly FS 2 game entry for Properties > Local Files tab and select the alternate disk. It will take a while to move the 100 gig but Steam is happy with the results.

I did a lot of shuffling about when I added a M.2 NVME stick for the system drive. Due to MBR / GPT incompatabilities I had to do a clean Windows install on the M.2

I was able to reinstall the Steam core on the new system drive and just reconfigure the alternate SSD and Steam picked up all the previously installed Aerofly content (although I was holding my breath during the process). Canned environments don't always do what you expect or want, but this worked.

cheers

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

Edited once, last by lenidcamper (January 10, 2018 at 8:20 PM).

• I think I would be holding my breath too.... I just don't relish a 36 hour download process again to get AFS2 and the DLCs onto a new computer!

- Kenneth