Suddenly obsessed with AF2!

• When you dont want use goggles ...PLEASE dont try it ...

after test this ... -> you have to buy some :) :) So like the Beatles sing ....let it beeeeee .... ;)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• If you think AF2 is good on a monitor... you WILL have a mind explosion with AF2 in VR.

Im using rift CV1, and have just added a tactile sound transducer to my sim seat. Now I get the vibrations, can feel the airframe shake. Wow. 8)

Could you give us a link to read about the tactile sound transducer? Sounds like a good next level.

Regards,

Ray

• great comments and thanks..... when flightsims are good enough for a real pilot who is filling his original dreams of flying jets.. .and then when I get to the hotel room the first thing I want to do after a day at FL450, is to FLIGHTSIM!!! haha, my wife and my flying partner in the jet think I am a nutcase. Oh well, more for me then... their loss!

Hey Peter,

I have a Xbox 360 wireless controller on the way. Could you describe how you have it mapped for AFS2? I need more control of the AP and your short description sound like it may be just what is needed. Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

• Could you give us a link to read about the tactile sound transducer? Sounds like a good next level.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

It's basically a bass shaker. Takes sound input from the sim and translates the bass from sound to vibration. In my other sim, DCS A-10c with the bass shaker on and when the GAU-8 cannon is fired... I feel it through the seat (and as my stick and pedals are mounted to my seat), the vibrations are also transmitted through the stick and pedals. Extend the flaps, speed brake, gear, and you feel it. Touch down and you feel it. Stall and you feel it.

I've had to put my sim seat on rubber mats to dampen the vibration and keep Mrs. B happy.

My tactile sound transducer is one I found used (Messina GSS) but it does the same basic thing as a buttkicker. Couple of links below for more info.

https://thebuttkicker.com/buttkicker-gamer2/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactile_transducer

Edited once, last by Mr. Bean (January 13, 2018 at 5:15 AM).

• Buttkicker +1!! Just had one installed on my motion VR-rig. WOW - great addition and adds tremendously to the immersion!

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Hello All.

All these wonderful posts must make great reading and give the staff involved at IPACS and Orbx so much drive and confidence. Hopefully the prices may drop a little for the VR goggles, especially for those in the lower income bracket, so they are available for everyone.

Excellent reading everyone and I must say I am truly pleased to have followed this line, in a very satisfying hobby.

I also want to take time to applaud a couple of unnamed individuals who have worked their butts off and still find time to keep us not only informed as to what's going on behind the scenes but also assist so many of us.

Thank you all.

Jim...Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• I could never go back to simming on a screen again.

I said this too a year ago. And here I am flying on my 2D screen again and the Rift lying underneath the table. VR is awesome but it had enough drawbacks to make me go back again after using it for half a year or so. The main drawback being the low resolution where you can't even properly see the airport you are landing on until you are there. But having that device on your head all the time, which gets heavier by the minute, not being able to quickly look at a arrival chart of PoH or speed chart, having problems to read gauges (even with the 'sharpening option' at 2.0...), being sort of detached from the world where you actually are... Yes, the immersion is great but I am very happy to be using my 2D screen again.

• Yes, the immersion is going 100 % more. I have it also on my seat, a standart vibration speaker,

and a special design for the real hard Knocks ...if you would, you can see how to make it in my signature.

Next level is 3DOF :)

You can decide how much, / how long its vibrate.

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I've never tried VR! hmmmm what am I missing? I don't want to wear a googles thing from now on...

I know it seems like you wont wanna wear goggles from now on, but it is a game changer. I dont even notice mine being on any more. I cant imagine ever going back.

• I keep thinking I am going to go back to P3D, and every time I do I end up using it for an hour and that's it.

You really do get used to the immersion of VR and it becomes hard to do without it.

But we need weather!!! I miss that more than any other thing in FS 2.

• I know it seems like you wont wanna wear goggles from now on, but it is a game changer. I dont even notice mine being on any more. I cant imagine ever going back.

I just pretend I'm wearing a helmet and, er goggles. Works for me.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• I never heard of this device before! Now it's on my whish list! :D
    But I wonder... will it make the chair vibrate for the whole flight? Is it even comfortable?

Mine has a control and is adjustable. I can set it to "Hollywood" rattle or tone it down to provide a more realistic effect. I did mount my seat on 1/2" thick foam gym mats. The seat with the vibrations adds another fantastic layer of immersion. Honestly I had this thing wired up to my sofa and movie sound system for about 6 months... kick myself for not slapping it on my sim rig right away.

• Anyone else remember Solo Flight on the C64?

Big Fan of the FU series flight sims, btw, jetpeter1. Hopefully you are using VR. If not, stop what you are doing this very second and go buy Oculus Rift! It will change your life.

Man I spent hours on Solo flight on my C64, while all the other teens were out playing football and basketball lol. Loved it and Flight Unlimited and everything else I could get my hands on.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

• As for VR. Yes it has it's limitations and drawbacks at this early stage of development, but ever since I bought my rift during the summer sale, I've been hooked. Coming from a triple monitor setup, I haven't turned on the other two since. My limited sim time now is entirely in VR.

My Buttkicker amp died years ago and I never replaced it because I wasn't too pleased with the effects in FSX. However, late last year I bought the... Gametrix Jetseat SE edition (8 vibration motors), shipped from Russia...and couldn't be happier! It primarily uses data from the sim, via USB. So it's not dependent on audio from the PC sound card (although that is an option). The added immersion is incredible, especially in DCS and when flying helicopters in XP11. The vibration effects feels better and more accurate to me compared to the BK. It's also a lot quieter.

I bought it from Andre's shop.

Redtail

KFRG, KTEB, KEWR, KLGA

~Straighten up and fly right~

DESKTOP: i7-7700k @5GHz (water cooled), Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 32GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Home 64 bit,

TM HOTAS Warthog (large spring removed), Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, YOKO yoke!

Laptop (gaming): Acer Predator Helios 500- Intel Core i7-8750H @4.1GHz, Nvidia GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB SSD/1TB HDD.

Gametrix JetSeat FSE (Flight Sim Edition)-USB Vibrating pad. Nextlevel V3 Motion Platform / Sim cockpit.

Edited 2 times, last by Redtail (January 17, 2018 at 5:30 AM).