• You have me curious as to what object is invisible during the day but shows at night :)

The only thing that I can think of is to place a dummy object and map a _light texture map to it, maybe?? I never tested this but it's the _light texture maps that trigger as 'lit' at night.

Maybe you can experiment with this the way I mentioned and share if it worked or not.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jan and Jeff

Thanks for the replies. Having spent the last week making bump maps, correcting the resultant rendering anomolies and waiting for planning permission for the hotel and control tower I thought I would move on to lighting.

The first case for an object will be to add a light cone to the Apron lights.

The second case I have is to apply some ground lights around things like blue taxi edge lights and where security lights around buildings meet the ground as there is a positive cut off at the moment. At Liverpool there are several occasions where this happens, mainly on the apron.

I doubt a dummy object will help as there is no geometry for the light map to show on but will certainly try.

Will investigate and report back

Thanks again,, Steve

• Hi Steve,

the only way really is by either using a hand placed cultivation light in the location(s) that you want them (they can be any color you need), or by adding a plane and adding your light map to it. Aerofly FS2 doesn't use light reflections yet to be able to create a light cone but if you experiment a bit you may find a trick to pull something similar off.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• HI Jeff

Not been able to make a object which is visible at night but invisible during the day. I can do either but not both together. Any object which is invisible during the day does not show any light at night, I assume because the mesh is invisble and the light map only works on a visible object.

I have tried assigning a alpha map which is 254 black, this does show the object during the day, only just but it also only just shows the light at night. This would be ok for low level lighting similar to door entrance security lights but not for bright apron lighting.

I have hand placed taxi lighting, all 300 plus just wanted to add a bit more depth to them by lighting up the ground rather than just the taxi light and support pole

Meditate on this I shall but doubt we'll be able to crack it until dynamic lighting is available. Need to find a way to light up the Apron, looks totaly wrong without it.

Thanks, Steve