Can a specific exterior view be mapped to a keyboard key and assigned to a joystick button?

• When viewing the onscreen View icons in the lower right of the screen, this is the one in the upper right corner, I would like to map this particular view to a key that can be assigned to a joystick button to move directly between the "pilot's Seat Panel View" and the "External View" that supports moving around with the HAT switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :/

Regards,

Ray

• You can't bind specific views to keyboard or controller buttons at this time but we are looking into this.

Good. That will be a very nice feature to have.

Regards,

Ray

• We need chaseplane

Ben

Ah, this request again. I always ask back with: what feature of chaseplane is it exactly that you want. Because chaseplane and ezdock etc. all have some features that might be more interesting than others. For example: do you really want to manually define cameras in the cockpit and then jump back to them or do you actually want good default cameras, lots of them and quick access to these cameras? E.g. you're taking off, now you just quickly want to see the wing view on rotation, press some keys or buttons to get there, then jump back into cockpit?

• Ah, this request again. I always ask back with: what feature of chaseplane is it exactly that you want. Because chaseplane and ezdock etc. all have some features that might be more interesting than others. For example: do you really want to manually define cameras in the cockpit and then jump back to them or do you actually want good default cameras, lots of them and quick access to these cameras? E.g. you're taking off, now you just quickly want to see the wing view on rotation, press some keys or buttons to get there, then jump back into cockpit?

If I may . . . I want to do exactly what Jan says, take a quick look and immediately jump back in the drivers seat. But, I would like to be able to jump to a specific view and not have to step backward or maybe forward and not know each time which way to step to get the view that I want. duh. Hence, I would like to map the one external view that lets me use the hat key to set my location for the view.

Regards,

Ray

• I always ask back with: what feature of chaseplane is it exactly that you want.

Making movie.... Exploring airport like walking around, over the building at a slow speed. Movie are a big plus for selling scenery.

Creating view that is unique and not predictable.

Ben

BennyBoy. I5 8600K @ 4,3ghz, 16 ram, GTX 1060 6G @ UW @2560 X 1080. Sim: AF2 & P3D V4

• Hi,

in other words, e.g. what Jetjockey10 described also:

A real world pilot can not only turn his head, he also can move it up/down or left/right. To simplifiy things somewhat, I prefer a quick switch to outside view when something is hard to be seen from whithin cockpit. Also for enjoying landscape. I do not own a VR headset or TrackIR. What I do since many years: have a joystick key for cockpit view, have another key for outside view. In Prepar3D and Xplane11 , this is no problem. In Aerofly one can only switch to the last view used within category so far, when switching category. For example, his can show gear view instead of captain's seat view...

A fast and sufficient solution for me would be: To be able to assign a key to captain's view. Another key for outside view. That's all.

BTW, key commands for one default view per category offer to reach all other views when a joystick is used which can handle programmed key sequences, like the advanced models from Saitek(Logitech) and Thrustmaster can.

Cheers

Rudi

• Yes, this would be a big step forward. I fail to grasp the logic of not having designated keystrokes for specific views, especially F9 (fsx) for VC and others for outside views.

The only thing that makes sense is that the IPACS didn't want to appear to have any appearance of ever seeing FSX or P3D or XP11. We are suffering because of this.

Regards,

Ray

• I would like to be able to spawn a window, be able to size and position it, and put any view in it. For example if you normally fly in cockpit view, be able to have a follow/chase or side view in a window in the upper right during landings. This functionality is available in FSX and is something I really miss having now switched over to FS2. This really helps when practicing landings. IT SHOULD WORK IN VR.

• I would like to be able to spawn a window, be able to size and position it, and put any view in it. For example if you normally fly in cockpit view, be able to have a follow/chase or side view in a window in the upper right during landings. This functionality is available in FSX and is something I really miss having now switched over to FS2. This really helps when practicing landings. IT SHOULD WORK IN VR.

Roy, we have asked for this many times with no success. Most folks simply want to put the MAP window on a second monitor and use it while flying on the primary monitor.

This is a very different request than being able to select a specific view with a dedicated keystroke.

Regards,

Ray

• Roy, we have asked for this many times with no success. Most folks simply want to put the MAP window on a second monitor and use it while flying on the primary monitor.

This is a very different request than being able to select a specific view with a dedicated keystroke.

Regards,

Ray

It's not the highest thing on our list but we know about it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff