FSEarthTiles (FSX) only… no Ortho4XP (X-Plane) possible?

• I was thinking, as a goal; on making all my country scenery. 'Placing and constructing' all the airports and aerodromes is, well; very time consuming!

As a test, I was thinking on start making my local aerodrome, Braga (LPBR).

«One-hour trip... turn on the airplane/sailplane and take off from Braga; fly to the Gerês mountains. Admire the villages and the view; come back and land on Braga again. Park and turn off the aircraft.»

Right now, I’m studding the wiki and tutorials. I only find the ‘FSEarthTiles’ for FSX application. Can’t we use the X-plane way; Ortho4XP?

Maybe is just me but, I find the Application for X-plane more easy/friendly to use… does it do a good job, as FSEarthTiles ? Is it possible to use it instead?

Regards to all,

Xanix

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

• You can use any ortho images for our Geoconvert tool that has the coordinate files associated with them (there are many different sources to obtain these tiles). We use examples in the wiki for using FSET (FSEarthTiles) imagery and USGS imagery. If you have imagery from a different source it will also work in Geoconvert.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I think Xanix means that it's much easier to make ortho scenery with Ortho4XP than FSEarthTiles, to which I must agree.

Ortho4XP uses grids instead of coordinates to determine the map boundary. No need to do any calculation or conversion. And it's also much easier to combine separate sessions together. This is especially useful for FS2 as it can only do a relatively small region to avoid crash.

• I think Xanix means that it's much easier to make ortho scenery with Ortho4XP than FSEarthTiles, to which I must agree.

Ortho4XP uses grids instead of coordinates to determine the map boundary. No need to do any calculation or conversion. And it's also much easier to combine separate sessions together. This is especially useful for FS2 as it can only do a relatively small region to avoid crash.

Yes; my friend I already have more than 1.5TB of data on my ‘server’, with ‘grids’ (BI16 to BI19) from all around the world. All of them are “simlinked” to my X-Plane installation.

If somehow, I could convert them to aerofly FS with an easier tool… the current method (FSTiles) is very painful…

Best regards to all,

Xanix

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

• Maybe someone could make a Ortho4AFS2 program, maybe the developer of Ortho4XP maybe would be interested ???

Just an idea ???

Sincely Jesper

PC Hardware Specs
    -MSI Tomahawk MAX II
    -AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    -32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
    -AMD RX6600XT 8 GB
    -1xSSD 250 GB Boot
    -1x3 TB Data 7200 RPM
    -1X3 TB Games 7200 RPM
    -1x3 TB X-Plane 7200 RPM
    -31.5" 165 Hz 1080P Gaming Monitor
    -Logitech Stereo Speaker

• @ # jr6000dk

Great idea, would be fantastic for converting photo sceneries to AFS2 and even to P3D.

We definitely need that.

I suppose that Arno from scenerydesign.org is the expert to contact for this project. I hope that he can help us with that soon