Any of you highly talented repainters interested in contributing the JT-A scheme for the Cessna 172 SP?

• Maybe you could doctor it up a bit to be "Jan's Cold and Dark Mod" so we can instantly tell the standard from the Mod. Notice the N number is not under the wing, only on the fuselage as in USA models.

I sure would like to see this repaint in our download folder. :P

Regards,

Ray

• These are 182s though, the 172 has a fuselage which is a bit different.

While this is true, I’m willing to bet not 1 in a hundred flight simmers can tell the difference in the exterior. The propeller control for the constant speed prop is the big giveaway on the panel.

There are more differences between the old model 172 like the static model we have and the current SP than between the 172 SP and the 182 Skylane.

Regardless, this repaint for the 172 would be a great addition, meanwhile we have a new Navy edition thanks to GACSavannah. ^^

Regards,

Ray

• I really hope someone takes up the gauntlet when it comes to aircraft repainting. Not my forte, but by now I would have hoped we would see hundreds of repaints of the base aircraft. Is nobody interested, or is it too difficult?

- Kenneth

Me too, Kenneth.

Regards,

Ray

• I really hope someone takes up the gauntlet when it comes to aircraft repainting. Not my forte, but by now I would have hoped we would see hundreds of repaints of the base aircraft. Is nobody interested, or is it too difficult?

- Kenneth

A few of our truly great repainters have taken an interest in some of the models that do have paint kits (very limited, so far). I would expect a rush of B737, A320, and Q400 repaints once the paint kits are released. Keep in mind that IPACS has provided a good number of repaints for many of the models, maybe just not the ones certain users are seeking.

I have a dozen or more repaints for the Learjet 45. Almost all of them were provided by GACSavannah and are available for downloading in the download area. See samples below.

Regards,

Ray

My all time favorite repaint.

Next best repaints.

• I deleted my earlier post because it could be seen as negative. However, let's just repeat the necessary message in a better way.

IPACS, I encourage you to do everything you can to make the process of repainting aircraft, as well as the process of making new aircraft for the sim, as easy as possible. The ease with which the third party developers (both commercial and free) can create addons for AFS2, will be directly linked to the eventual success of the AFS2 platform, both in terms of magnitude and timing. That's a fundamental lesson from the history of flight simulation on the PC.

- Kenneth

• I deleted my earlier post because it could be seen as negative. However, let's just repeat the necessary message in a better way.

IPACS, I encourage you to do everything you can to make the process of repainting aircraft, as well as the process of making new aircraft for the sim, as easy as possible. The ease with which the third party developers (both commercial and free) can create addons for AFS2, will be directly linked to the eventual success of the AFS2 platform, both in terms of magnitude and timing. That's a fundamental lesson from the history of flight simulation on the PC.

- Kenneth

Well stated. Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

• HI Guys

I don't see where the problem is. I have made several aircraft for FSX/P3D and also doing EGGP for FS2. For each aircraft and scenery I have to make a paintkit, there ain't no other way it has to be there. So logically. any aircraft that IPAC's has made will have a paintkit, period.

So I say again, where is the problem.

Steve

• The tools designed for creating aircraft liveries is fairly simple and straight forward. An individual would just have to have some experience with Photoshop or Gimp (free). There are tutorials on our wiki to achieve this in a step by step fashion. With a little bit of practice you can make a really nice looking aircraft livery in an hour.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ray,

just finished with your aircraft livery. It took around 40 minutes using Gimp.

I uploaded it into the downloads section.

Enjoy :)

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ray,

just finished with your aircraft livery. It took around 40 minutes using Gimp.

I uploaded it into the downloads section.

Enjoy :)

Wouldn’t you know it - the busiest person in the crowd takes time out of a super busy schedule to make this repaint for us! :D

Thanks a million, Jeff.

Regards,

Ray

• I aim to please :)

I'll be the first person to say that the repaint tutorial on our wiki can use a facelift but the process really is fairly easy, however, you will only do a good job if you have experience with Gimp (which I use) and Photoshop.

The trick here, layers are your friend.

I will put together a better tutorial for so that users can find it easier. Just give me a little bit of time to accomplish this.

Regards,

Jeff

• I aim to please :)

I'll be the first person to say that the repaint tutorial on our wiki can use a facelift but the process really is fairly easy, however, you will only do a good job if you have experience with Gimp (which I use) and Photoshop.

The trick here, layers are your friend.

I will put together a better tutorial for so that users can find it easier. Just give me a little bit of time to accomplish this.

Thanks. I am looking forward to using the Layers. The more time I spend with Gimp the more impressed I am with all the features available. Most of buried pretty deep though.

I think we need a good example or two i8n the new wiki repaint tutorial facelift so we can tell what text goes where, and what is flipped or not. Wing tip text and vertical stabilizer text are good examples. Also the Left vs Right engine cowls on the lear, for example.

Maybe actually identify the left and right, the top vs the bottom of fuselages, vertical stabilizers, wings and elevators. etc.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, that would be a bit difficult due to all of the templates there are but the easy way to resolve this (especially for users that want to roll out a lot of liveries for any specific aircraft) is to add a layer of numbers. just add numbers to each section on the template and run the aircraft converter to get your preview. You will see the numbers on the aircraft to compare to the template.

Save the template with that new layer for future use, then simply turn it on and off when needed.

Regards,

Jeff