Any of you highly talented repainters interested in contributing the JT-A scheme for the Cessna 172 SP?

• OK, sound good. As long as we beginners can learn quick enough so as not to give up and quit before it is done. Right now it is practically impossible to know, other than wild guesses.

Regards,

Ray

• Nice job Jeff.

Maybe repaints will be my next area to experiment with.

- Kenneth

Kenneth, it sounds like drhotwing1 will be updating (facelift) the repaint tutorial and I expect Marc to release more and more repaint kits as time allows. I am keen to learn basic repainting for AFS2. I am almost to the beginner level but not quite there yet. I have to learn layers first.

I was able to do 30 or so repaints for some difficult Carenado models that no one else wanted to attempt but what I learned has zero carryover to AFS2.

A critical inspection of Jeff's JT-A reveals that we do need to learn to do these repaints. Apparently, Gimp is capable to making some outstanding repaints, we just have to dig in and start learning.

Regards,

Ray

• Ray, I added a red color as well for good measure :)

For anyone that makes a livery make sure that you save the XCF files (Gimp). If you want to change colors simply highlight the specific layer that has the original colors that you wish to change, use the 'fuzzy select tool' and click on the section you want to change, then change the color to what you want to use and use the bucket fill tool to change to that new color. Gimp will change the color to your new one. You can use the 'fuzzy select tool' to highlight any section so this simple function is very powerful.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I love the different methods that people use when working on their repaints. I see that Jeff is using GIMP, which I personally have very little experience with. Others use Photoshop exclusively. Personally, I use a combination of Corel Draw!, Corel PhotoPaint, and Photoshop CS2. It just goes to show that if one method isn't working for you, try a different method. There are so many great options available to try!

Now, because we are on the topic of repainting and paint kits.....

Can we please sorta maybe possibly kinda pretty please have one for the Q400? :)

• I love the different methods that people use when working on their repaints. I see that Jeff is using GIMP, which I personally have very little experience with. Others use Photoshop exclusively. Personally, I use a combination of Corel Draw!, Corel PhotoPaint, and Photoshop CS2. It just goes to show that if one method isn't working for you, try a different method. There are so many great options available to try!

Now, because we are on the topic of repainting and paint kits.....

Can we please sorta maybe possibly kinda pretty please have one for the Q400? :)

Hey GACSavannah, while you are waiting for more paint kits, how about giving the Cessna a try? All those interwoven strips are right up your alley.

The Navy Learjet - I'm lovin' it. Thanks again.

Regards,

Ray

• Anyone wanting inspiration for Cessna repaints, take a look at this page to see what repainters have done with the A2A 172 in FSX and P3d. And any newbies reading this, remember the aircraft repaints on the page below are NOT for our Aerosoft FS2 Cessna... The point of the link is to stir the creative juices, nothing more.

http://www.freewarescenery.com/repaints/a2a-c172.html

- Kenneth

The scary part is that I recognize most of those repaints as they changed through the years. I watched Cessna grow from the C150 days in the early 60s. Heck I owned about a 1/3 of those models at one time or another. :(

Regards,
    Ray

• I WISH we had a cardinal to paint for FS2! I used to fly an RG that otherwise looked just like the one that you pictured. I loved that airplane. It was one of the sweetest birds I have ever flown. I have done a few of the Cessna, in fact one looks not too far off from that Cardinal. I probably should finish them up, as there is still some work to be done on them, and then go ahead and upload them.

I am in the middle of a few different Lears at the moment. When I get those done, I will go back and revist these two 172's, finish them up, and include them in the upload.

• I WISH we had a cardinal to paint for FS2! I used to fly an RG that otherwise looked just like the one that you pictured. I loved that airplane. It was one of the sweetest birds I have ever flown. I have done a few of the Cessna, in fact one looks not too far off from that Cardinal. I probably should finish them up, as there is still some work to be done on them, and then go ahead and upload them.

I am in the middle of a few different Lears at the moment. When I get those done, I will go back and revist these two 172's, finish them up, and include them in the upload.

Wow. These would make a great addition to our fleet. Of course, if you are working on “a few different Lears” I can’t lose. :P

I have my Volair cockpit set up as a Cessna with the old TPM panel, Cessna Yoke, Pedals, and large Trim wheel. This is my new VR setup with a new super fast Alienware PC. I will be adding the “Amazon/eBay poor mans Buttkicker” next week.

Of course, I still fly the Lear in VR also but I have to use the Mouse a lot. I should have a xbox 360 controller working in a few days to capture a lot more functions for AP and eyepoints for the lear.

The Cardinal RG was one of my favorite Cessnas. I rented one out of Mobile for some day charters way back when. I remember it was a snazzy red and white job also.

Regards,

Ray

• Hey Ray,

I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your avatar. Every time that I see it I am reminded of an incident that occurred years ago when I worked for USAirways.

We had a lady that insisted on bringing her 'emotional support pig' on board to help her get through her flight experience. I'll provide a link for ya...

When pigs....don't fly

Kerry

What a great story. Thanks.

A good friend gave me a birthday card a few years ago with the pig wearing goggles and flying a bi-plane. Instant avitar.

Regards,

Ray