Anyone else? Orbx Monterey (KMRY) - Performance Issues/Floating Grass/Frameskips?

• Hi all, before I post on the Orbx forum I wanted to know if anyone else is seeing performance issues with Orbx Monterey (KMRY); perhaps due to Service Pack 1, perhaps not.

What? Stutter/unstable frames that come and goes over much of the airfield, particularly the eastern end (GA strip 28R near the Navy Flying Club Building). The very shaky graphical frames are evident mostly on the ground but even airborne when flying over. Sure seems as if something in the scenery is compromising the Aerofly engine. People flow? Specific objects? not sure what would cause this? Additionally, I see floating grass all over the place and floating buildings just over the eastern ridge of the airfield.

In 2D, for reasons beyond this post, I prefer VsyncOn where I usually get rock solid 60fps anywhere I fly in Aerofly - however, at KMRY airfield it actually jumps over the lock and bounces from 60-70fps - this, I suspect, then causes dropped frames as it is out of sync, something I cannot recall occurring anywhere else in the sim. I did try Framelimit OFF, 240, 120, and a whole range of in-sim settings - regardless of what I chose it continued, just not as abrupt. I don't see the issue elsewhere in the scenery, just on/over the airport.

In VR, I notice the same stutters but the overall steady 90fps makes it less noticeable, however if I spend time zipping around on the ground they became more noticeable. I'm running @4.3ghz OC with a 1060 with render @1.0 default. I also uninstalled/reinstalled the Southern CA High Res DLC to test if that was the conflict - that did not rectify anything,

Figured if some of you brave souls here are willing to check the area out for me, in 2D, I would be appreciative - if you have no problems (after the most recent 1.1 update to KMRY) then I will continue trying to troubleshoot my own rig. If enough do then I will report to Orbx as a fix would likely be on their end.

Thanks!

• With Orbx KMRY I had to reduce oversampling of x1.8 back to almost x1.0 to get rid of jitter/stuttering. I assumed that it was just way taxing of my 1070. Not even NY seemed that taxing. I actually started looking at prices for a 1080ti. but haven't managed to fully recover from that shock.. dang you coin miners!

• I actually started looking at prices for a 1080ti. but haven't managed to fully recover from that shock.. dang you coin miners!

A few sane ones still around

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• US$1000? That is even worse than here. I can buy the same card for $1100AUD from my local store here, which is about 800USD...

LOL! that was fast. It was $709 when I posted.

Try this. It keeps track of prices on selected items all over the world, up to the minute, and can even send you alerts.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Back to the original subject, I do see the floating grass, and reported it before the update, but it hasn't been addressed yet.

Devons rig

• I have a GTX1070 with 8GB of RAM and with rendering on 1.5 my frames are high and smooth at Orbx's KMRY. I've never gone that close with the grass so I've never picked up on it.

- Ashley

P3D v4 / AFS2 / XP11 | Intel i7-4790K oc'ed @ 4.6GHz | 16GB RAM | 8GB Nvidia GTX1070 | Windows 10 64-bit | Oculus Rift