A question/request for the developers.

• As Aerofly FS2 continues to grow, and discussions regarding its features and potential become more common, I do note that that sometimes there are serious misunderstandings about the extent of changes between it and its predecessor, both in the extent of those changes and the amount of time necessary to accomplish them.

I was wondering if we could have available from a developers standpoint, an overview of the challenges in creating this latest version, and some of the specific changes that occured over its development period.

I think this might be particularly useful, as there is some recurring narrative that FS2 is simply FS1 with very few alterations, and while I and others are aware of many changes, it would probably be quite helpful have definitive information available from the developers themselves.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• The list of changes is insanely long. One possible list to look at is our change: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…rsion_changelog

To list a few items that where introduced with the Aerofly FS 2 which weren't in the FS 1:

new menu system using a main menu instead of drop down menus at the top of the screen, new controls menu with a lot more control assignments with better support for multiple control devices

navigation was added (VORs, ILS, NDBs, etc.)

world engine (not just flat earth) to support terrain around the globe

instant flight configurations: click on runway to be ready for takeoff, click on approach and be ready for landing (gear down flaps full etc.)

under the hood graphic optimizations

VR support

day/night cycle with night time (light) textures for aircraft and buildings

clickable cockpits (you can't click anything in FS1)

new tmd logic and events which allow you to program inside of the tmd file and create full control loops if you want

more accurate aircraft flight model setups

new aircraft (e.g. A320, B747, LJ45, B737, ...) and several hundred new airports with significantly increased size of the flying region, (roughly) at least 40 times bigger now (judging from the area seen in google maps), added city models

new aircraft systems added like electrics and fuel and now the ability to turn off the engine (C172)

faster and more accurate physics calculation

replay system...

• Could some FS like water effects be applied in FS2 in defined lakes for example. Mountain lakes in FS look really good.

We will get to that down to the road a bit. And I agree about the water effect, however, this is FS 2 it has to be better :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff