Two independent screens on aerofly FS 2; possible?

• Sometimes, I’m able to convince my wife and daughters to ‘fly’ with me. This leads me to a question… Is there a way, to use two independent screens on aerofly F

One screen controlled by me, to fly the airplane and another screen, ‘the passenger’, controlled by another person?

Screen one > computer screen – cockpit view (me) | Screen two > TV – internal/external views (my wife or daughters).

Best regards,

Xanix

Kind regards to all,

Xanix

Edited once, last by Xanix (January 19, 2018 at 4:49 PM).

• Hello,

Just started using AeroFly FS2 and love the visual appeal and performance. I just wanted to get the latest status on this topic.

Is it possible with the latest update, to get a pure external view on AeroFly FS2 without the cockpit? I'm looking at a setup where I could may be run the instruments on one screen and the out-of-window view on a larger TV.

Regards,

Sid

• Official Post

Hello,

Just started using AeroFly FS2 and love the visual appeal and performance. I just wanted to get the latest status on this topic.

Is it possible with the latest update, to get a pure external view on AeroFly FS2 without the cockpit? I'm looking at a setup where I could may be run the instruments on one screen and the out-of-window view on a larger TV.

Regards,

Sid

This is not what the OP was asking.

The answer to this question however is yes. You need to cycle your views to find the one with an outside view only. I believe it's one of the outside views.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff. I see the option now. I see that I needed to keep pressing the same key repeatedly (1,2,3 as the case may be) to cycle views for a certain view category. I was just pressing each key once.

I'm going to try attaching a second monitor and see if I can get a cockpit instruments view going on that. Does AeroFly have a "panel only" view? I didn't see one when cycling views. Or would the internal cockpit view be the closest to that?

• This is not what the OP was asking.

The answer to this question however is yes. You need to cycle your views to find the one with an outside view only. I believe it's one of the outside views.

This is contradictory to the previous statement that you cannot have independent multiscreens. As far as I understand AFS2 only displays 1 single view ,that you can divide into multiple screens, by portions of FOV.

In other words, yes you can set an external view to your upper monitor, but you won't be able to display the panel on the separate monitor.

Or you can set an internal view centered onto the panel so that it is displayed without too much distortion on your dedicated monitor, but you won't see an external view on the upper monitor.

Or, you're very lucky and the aircraft you use allows having both in the same total FOV the panel with a quite normal angle and an external view of your aircraft, then you can split that view into 2 monitors...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

The question was already answered, please don't muddy this thread up now.

What I said was fully accurate.

We published how to set up multiple monitor support but what the original poster asked can't be done.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff